Dr. Scott A Fulton MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH, 44106
Dr. Scott Fulton is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Fulton specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1993
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Human immunity to M. tuberculosis: T cell subsets and antigen processing.
- Long-term prophylaxis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in patients with cirrhosis.
- Interferon-alphabeta mediates partial control of early pulmonary Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guérin infection.
- Mycobacteria lacking the RD1 region do not induce necrosis in the lungs of mice lacking interferon-gamma.
- Modulation of naive CD4+ T-cell responses to an airway antigen during pulmonary mycobacterial infection.
- Modulation of pulmonary dendritic cell function during mycobacterial infection.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis cell wall glycolipids directly inhibit CD4+ T-cell activation by interfering with proximal T-cell-receptor signaling.
- TLR2 engagement on CD4(+) T cells enhances effector functions and protective responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Aids/hiv, Immunology, Tuberculosis
- Metrohealth Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Gastroenterology; Metrohealth Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University Hospitals, Cleveland 1992
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
- Infectious Disease - University Hospitals of Cleveland 1995
- Infectious Disease - University Hospitals of Cleveland 1997
Dr. Scott A Fulton MD's Practice location
Dr. Scott A Fulton MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fulton
- How is Mononucleosis Diagnosed?
Mononucleosis, nicknamed 'the kissing disease' is an infectious disease spread through saliva and physical contact. Aside from kissing someone with the Epstein-Barr virus, it can be passed through sharing straws, toothbrushes, or eating food from the same plate as an infected person. It is the...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- How to Overcome Lyme Disease with Diet, Supplements, and Natural Treatment Methods
Can you beat Lyme disease naturally? Do diet and supplements have roles to play in Lyme disease? Yes, you can beat Lyme disease naturally with diet and supplements.Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is caused by the bite of a deer tick. Living with Lyme disease can be overwhelming,...
- Chronic Lyme Disease
Spirochetal bacteria are relatively harmless within the first days of infection, at worst, it may present with flu-like symptoms – fatigue, headaches, etc. After several weeks, however, the bacteria spread all over the body, affecting crucial body organs and causing severe symptoms. It all starts...
- Dr. Amy J Ray MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Christina S Hirsch MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Zhuolin Han MD18101 Lorain Ave Cleveland OH 44111
- Dr. Olusegun Ademola Ogunlesi M.D, M.H.S8 Lee Ct Jersey City NJ 07305
- Dr. Wendy Suzanne Armstrong MD9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Rajiv Sahni M.D.3033 State Rd. Cuyahoga Falls OH 44223