Dr. Steve Muyskens MD
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO, 63110
Dr. Steve Muyskens is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Muyskens specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
University of Iowa Medical School MD
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 2003
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
- Heart Disease
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Member Cook Children's Physician Network
- Washington University School of Medicine
- Washington University
- Saint Louis Children's Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine
Dr. Steve Muyskens MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Fort Worth, TX 76104Get Direction
Dr. Steve Muyskens MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Muyskens
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Dr. Mayte I. Figueroa MD1 CHILDRENS PL STE C SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Dr. Georgeann Keh-teng Groh MD1 CHILDRENS PL STE C SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Dr. Jennifer N Silva MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Luke A. Bruns M.D.621 S New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Burt I. Bromberg M.D.621 S New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Mary E Mcbride MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110