Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology800 SPRUCE ST PHILADELPHIA PA, 19107
Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos is a pathologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Mourelatos is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Mourelatos can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Mourelatos may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine 1991
Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki School Of Medicine Medical
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Medical School 1991
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Neuropathology
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- 1999
- 2006 Received the Penn Medicine Award of Excellence
- Member Ad Hoc Grant Reviews, Netherlands Organization for Health Research and Development, The Netherlands
- Member Ad Hoc Grant reviews, Wellcome Trust, London, UK
- Member Reviewer, Agence Nationale de la Recerche, France (ANR)
- Member Reviewer, Austrian Science Fund, Vienna, Austria
- Member Reviewer, Hellenic Ministry of Education Research Council, Athens, Greece
- Member Reviewer, Israel Science Foundation
- Member Reviewer, Swedish Research Council
- Member Ad Hoc NCF Study Section CSR/NIH
- Member Ad Hoc ZCA1 GRB-S P01 Study Section, NCI/NIH
- Member Ad Hoc ZMH1 ERB-L Study Section, CSR/NIH/NIMH
- Member American Association for the Advancement in Science
- Member American Association of Neuropathologists
- Member Permanent MGB Study Section CSR/NIH
Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19107Get Direction
Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mourelatos
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Ozem Kulak130 S 9th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. William P. Frampton D.O.132 S 10th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Karen Gustafson MD800 SPRUCE ST PHILADELPHIA PA 19107
- Dr. Juan P. Palazzo M.D.1020 Locust St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Jay H. Herman M.D.132 S 10th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Obiajulu Hans Iwenofu MD800 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19107