Dr. Avery Lee Buchholz M.D., MPH
Neurosurgeon415 Ray C Hunt Dr 3rd floor spine suite Charlottesvile VA, 22908
Dr. Avery Buchholz practices Neurological Surgery in Charlottesvile, VA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Buchholz prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Histone deacetylases facilitate sodium/calcium exchanger up-regulation in adult cardiomyocytes.
- A mathematical risk model for Escherichia coli O157:H7 cross-contamination of lettuce during processing.
- Hounsfield units for assessing bone mineral density and strength: a tool for osteoporosis management.
Dr. Avery Lee Buchholz M.D., MPH's Practice location
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22908Get Direction
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Christopher I. Shaffrey OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Juan Carlos Fernandez-miranda MD1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Jason P. Sheehan OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Jaideep Kapur M.D.500 Ray C. Hunt Drive Charlottesville VA 22903
- Dr. Jacob N Young MD400 Locust Ave Charlottesville VA 22902
- Dr. Richard W. Crowley M.D.3 Hospital Dr Charlottesville VA 22908