Dr. Avery Buchholz practices Neurological Surgery in Charlottesvile, VA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Buchholz prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
- Histone deacetylases facilitate sodium/calcium exchanger up-regulation in adult cardiomyocytes.
- A mathematical risk model for Escherichia coli O157:H7 cross-contamination of lettuce during processing.
- Hounsfield units for assessing bone mineral density and strength: a tool for osteoporosis management.
Dr. Avery Lee Buchholz M.D., MPH's Practice location
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22908Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Avery Lee Buchholz M.D., MPH | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Avery Lee Buchholz M.D., MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Christopher I. Shaffrey OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Juan Carlos Fernandez-miranda MD1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Dennis G. Vollmer M.D.415 RAY C. HUNT DRIVE CHARLOTTESVILLE VA 22903
- Dr. Jaideep Kapur M.D.500 Ray C. Hunt Drive Charlottesville VA 22903
- Jason P. Sheehan OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Jacob N Young MD400 Locust Ave Charlottesville VA 22902