Dr. Avery Lee Buchholz M.D., MPH
Neurosurgeon415 Ray C Hunt Dr 3rd floor spine suite Charlottesvile VA, 22908
Dr. Avery Buchholz practices Neurological Surgery in Charlottesvile, VA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Buchholz prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Histone deacetylases facilitate sodium/calcium exchanger up-regulation in adult cardiomyocytes.
- A mathematical risk model for Escherichia coli O157:H7 cross-contamination of lettuce during processing.
- Hounsfield units for assessing bone mineral density and strength: a tool for osteoporosis management.
Dr. Avery Lee Buchholz M.D., MPH's Practice location
Charlottesvile, VA 22908Get Direction
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22908Get Direction
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Christopher I. Shaffrey OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Juan Carlos Fernandez-miranda MD1215 Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Jason P. Sheehan OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Jaideep Kapur M.D.500 Ray C. Hunt Drive Charlottesville VA 22903
- Dr. Jacob N Young MD400 Locust Ave Charlottesville VA 22902
- Dr. Min S Park M.D.1300 JEFFERSON PARK AVE FL 3 CHARLOTTESVILLE VA 22903