Dr. Miguel A. Pirela-cruz M.D.
Hand Surgeon | Hand Surgery4801 Alberta Ave El Paso TX, 79905
Dr. Miguel Pirela-cruz is a hand surgeon practicing in El Paso, TX. Dr. Pirela-cruz specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Education and Training
Temple University School of Medicine 1980
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Surgery of the Hand
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Frequency and characteristics of the scaphoid cortical ring sign.
- Management of posttraumatic segmental bone defects.
- Lipoblastoma circumscripta of the toe: a case report and review of the literature.
- Distraction lengthening of the thumb following replantation.
- A technical note on percutaneous scaphoid fixation using a hybrid technique.
- A case study of negative pressure wound therapy to manage acute necrotizing fasciitis.
- Bilateral gluteal compartment syndrome: a rare but potentially morbid entity.
- Exposure of distal radius fractures using a direct radial approach with mobilization of the superficial branch of the radial nerve.
- Correction of extra-articular distal radius malunions using an anatomic radial plate.
- Posterolateral subluxation exposure of the elbow for injuries involving the lateral column.
- Humeral rotational osteotomy for shoulder deformity in obstetric brachial plexus palsy: which direction should I rotate?
- CORR Insights: Prevalence of triangular fibrocartilage complex abnormalities regardless of symptoms rise with age: systematic review and pooled analysis.
- Surgical Management of Symptomatic Extensor Digitorum Brevis Manus: A Proposed Algorithm for Treatment.
- Surgical correction of distal radius malunions using an anatomic radial locking plate.
- Trigger Finger
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University,Philadelphia, Pa, United States 1987
Dr. Miguel A. Pirela-cruz M.D.'s Practice location
El Paso, TX 79905Get Direction
CHANDLER, AZ 85224Get Direction
Dr. Miguel A. Pirela-cruz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pirela-cruz
- What Are The Side Effects Of Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is also referred to as weight loss surgery. In other cases, it is known as gastric bypass surgery. It is an operation performed mostly on obese people. The main purpose for this type of surgery is to reduce weight.Bariatric surgery involves the removal of certain portions of your...
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- How Do I Protect Myself from Spring Allergies?
Pollen grains from flowers are the main cause for spring allergies. When pollen enters an individual's nasal cavities, particularly in those who are allergic to them, it stimulates the immune system to react in an allergic response. Antibodies produced by the immune system start attacking the...
- What are Leg Ulcers?
What are leg ulcers?Leg ulcers are unhealed wounds or open wounds that occur on the legs. They tend to recur if not treated properly. They can occur in everyone at any age, but are more common among females. What are the causes of leg ulcers?The most common reason for the occurrence of leg ulcers...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- Dr. Dominic Gross MD125 W HAGUE RD EL PASO TX 79902
- Dr. Everett Lee Campbell M.D.10201 Gateway West #201 El Paso TX 79925
- Dr. Jonathan Foster Cook MD4800 Alberta Ave El Paso TX 79905
- Mr. Robert R Bell MD1700 Murchison El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Octavio Licon MD10410 Vista Del Sol Dr El Paso TX 79925
- Dr. Paul Joseph Chubb D.O.1400 GEORGE DIETER DR EL PASO TX 79936