Dr. Miguel A. Pirela-cruz M.D.
Hand Surgeon | Hand Surgery4801 Alberta Ave El Paso TX, 79905
Dr. Miguel Pirela-cruz is a hand surgeon practicing in El Paso, TX. Dr. Pirela-cruz specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Education and Training
Temple University School of Medicine 1980
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Surgery of the Hand
- Frequency and characteristics of the scaphoid cortical ring sign.
- Management of posttraumatic segmental bone defects.
- Lipoblastoma circumscripta of the toe: a case report and review of the literature.
- Distraction lengthening of the thumb following replantation.
- A technical note on percutaneous scaphoid fixation using a hybrid technique.
- A case study of negative pressure wound therapy to manage acute necrotizing fasciitis.
- Bilateral gluteal compartment syndrome: a rare but potentially morbid entity.
- Exposure of distal radius fractures using a direct radial approach with mobilization of the superficial branch of the radial nerve.
- Correction of extra-articular distal radius malunions using an anatomic radial plate.
- Posterolateral subluxation exposure of the elbow for injuries involving the lateral column.
- Humeral rotational osteotomy for shoulder deformity in obstetric brachial plexus palsy: which direction should I rotate?
- CORR Insights: Prevalence of triangular fibrocartilage complex abnormalities regardless of symptoms rise with age: systematic review and pooled analysis.
- Surgical Management of Symptomatic Extensor Digitorum Brevis Manus: A Proposed Algorithm for Treatment.
- Surgical correction of distal radius malunions using an anatomic radial locking plate.
- Trigger Finger
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- US Public Health Service Hospital 1981
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center 1986
- Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University,Philadelphia, Pa, United States 1987
Dr. Miguel A. Pirela-cruz M.D.'s Practice location
El Paso, TX 79905Get Direction
CHANDLER, AZ 85224Get Direction
Dr. Miguel A. Pirela-cruz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pirela-cruz
- Braxton-Hicks Contractions
What are Braxton-Hicks?A woman's body experiences a number of changes during pregnancy. Our bodies are similar to the most sophisticated machines in performing many complicated processes without us knowing. In the later stages of pregnancy, many processes begin to prepare the mother for the upcoming...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- What is Blue Apron: Reviews, Nutrition, Cost, and Menu
What Is Blue Apron?Blue Apron is an online food delivery start-up company that is based in New York City at 5 Crosby St. It was co-founded in 2012 by Matt Wadiak, Matt Salzberg, and Ilia Papas. In 2015, the third year since it was founded, this recipe delivery business had an estimated value of 2...
- Are Blood Transfusions and Celiac Disease Related?
Celiac disease is a dangerous autoimmune disease that is triggered by the consumption of foods that have gluten, which is commonly found in wheat, barley and rye; when people with celiac disease consume foods with gluten, a reaction is triggered that forces the immune system to respond by damaging...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Dr. Dominic Gross MD125 W HAGUE RD EL PASO TX 79902
- Dr. Everett Lee Campbell M.D.10201 Gateway West #201 El Paso TX 79925
- Dr. Octavio Licon MD10410 Vista Del Sol Dr El Paso TX 79925
- Mr. Robert R Bell MD1700 Murchison El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Jonathan Foster Cook MD4800 Alberta Ave El Paso TX 79905
- Dr. Gilberto Agustin Gonzalez trevizo MD4801 ALBERTA AVE EL PASO TX 79905