Dr. James Werkmeister practices Periodontics in Wexford, PA. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, and in the placement of dental implants. Dr. Werkmeister has expertise in the treatment of oral inflammation and often treats problematic periodontal cases, such as those with severe gum disease or a complex medical history. Some treatments that Dr. Werkmeister provides are scaling and root planing and root surface debridement.
Dr. James Robert Werkmeister D.M.D., M.S.'s Practice location
Wexford, PA 15090Get Direction
Dr. James Robert Werkmeister D.M.D., M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is a Tummy Tuck a Good Idea?
Tummy tucks, or abdominoplasty, are a very popular option for many who have tried to drop those sagging excess skin on the abdomen. For some, the fat deposits on the skin is an inherited condition. For some others the skin become flaccid with a sudden weight loss leading to odd looks. Abdominoplasty...
- What Is Quinoa? Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits of Quinoa
Quinoa is a grain crop that belongs to the flowering plant family of Amaranthaceae and is considered to be one of the superfoods since it is one of the few nutrient-dense food items that is easily available.In fact, quinoa was often considered to be the "food of the gods" by the ancient Incas, given...
- Celiac Diagnoses Are Soaring. What's Behind This Surge?
It's true. Many people today have dietary restrictions. Some may have an allergy to nuts, while others might not eat meat or dairy. One diet that is very popular right now is the gluten-free diet. The number of people that are on a gluten-free diet today is only increasing. In fact, as many as 3.1...
- Do I Have a Pinched Nerve?
Pinched nerve, or nerve compression, refers to a situation in which the surrounding tissues apply pressure on a nerve. Pinched nerve may cause severe pain, tingling, numbness, or other symptoms. Nerve compression may affect different sites of the body and this may result in varied symptoms. The...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- Dr. Michael C Stypula D.D.S., M.D.S.2555 Washington Road Pittsburgh PA 15241
- Dr. Mark Jerome Weingarden DMD4290 William Flynn Hwy Allison Park PA 15101
- Charu S Chandra DMD MDS222 South Clay St Zelienople PA 16063
- Dr. Ali Seyedain DMD, MDS3501 Terrace Street Pittsburgh PA 15261
- Dr. James H. Meyers D.M.D.3356 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Amber Marie sabbatini Foronda D.M.D.1326 Freeport Road Pittsburgh PA 15238