Dr. Yucel Atakent is a pediatrician practicing in East Meadow, NY. Dr. Atakent is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Atakent diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Atakent can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Ny Med Coll/Met Hosp Ctr, Pediatrics
- Med College 1977
Dr. Yucel Atakent MD's Practice location
East Meadow, NY 11554Get Direction
Dr. Yucel Atakent MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Atakent
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Does My Child Have Chicken Pox?
The chicken pox virus is dangerous for pregnant women who were not vaccinated or did not undergo this infectious disease before pregnancy. The toxic part of the virus can lead to congenital (inborn) defects in a fetus and in severe cases, even to its death. The causing agent is a virus called...
- Can Children Suffer from Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a very common sleep disorder that can affect any individual at any age, even children. It is typically caused by something that blocks the airway, thus leading to abnormal breathing while asleep. If your child snores loudly or displays other symptoms such as breathing difficulties...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- Why Should I Breastfeed My Baby?
Babies thrive on the breast milk from their mothers. A mother's milk is rich in minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, protein, and the fat that babies need.How Does My Baby Benefit from Breastfeeding?A mother’s milk contains two main proteins, whey (60-70%) and casein (30-40%). Breast feeding is...
- Dr. Adeola Sofola MD2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. Malanie Bhambri D.O.2201 HEMPSTEAD TPKE EAST MEADOW NY 11554
- Dr. Meenatchi Ramani M.D.2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. Ammukutty Paulose M.D.2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. Kevin Francis Mcenaney MD1900 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. Anthony Santoro M.D.2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554