Dr. William P Meehan MD
Sports Medicine Specialist (Pediatric) | Sports Medicine300 Longwood Ave Children's Hospital, Boston MA, 02115
Dr. William Meehan is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Boston, MA. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Meehan is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 2002
Harvard Medical School 2002
Boston Children's Hospital
- Hyperglycemic athymic nude mice: factors affecting in vitro insulin secretion.
- Symptoms of depression in patients with type II diabetes mellitus.
- Pediatric concussions in United States emergency departments in the years 2002 to 2006.
- High school concussions in the 2008-2009 academic year: mechanism, symptoms, and management.
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha and Fas receptor contribute to cognitive deficits independent of cell death after concussive traumatic brain injury in mice.
- Medical therapies for concussion.
- The pediatric athlete: younger athletes with sport-related concussion.
- Assessment and management of sport-related concussions in United States high schools.
- Computerized neurocognitive testing for the management of sport-related
- Metabolic imaging of mild traumatic brain injury.
- Increasing recovery time between injuries improves cognitive outcome after repetitive mild concussive brain injuries in mice.
- Epidemiology, trends, assessment and management of sport-related concussion in United States high schools.
- A substantial proportion of life-threatening injuries are sport-related.
- The epidemiology of outpatient visits for minor head injury: 2005 to 2009.
- Management strategies and medication use for treating paediatric patients with concussions.
Dr. William P Meehan MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. William P Meehan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Meehan
- The Early Signs of Lupus
Lupus is associated with a number of symptoms and conditions that can lead a person to seek help from a doctor. If you have recently been diagnosed with lupus, you may have experienced the following.Signs of LupusFatigue: Almost all people who have lupus would experience various levels of fatigue....
- "Dining With Diabetes" Reaches Penn State With its Online Course
Patients newly-diagnosed with diabetes may have a difficult time adjusting to a new lifestyle of constantly managing the disease and eliminating certain foods from their diet. Especially when they knew nothing about the disease before.The ‘Dining With Diabetes’ program was created for newly...
- Former Pro Athlete Sells Medal to Give Teen Soccer Fan Lung Transplant
Mo Johnston, former star athlete as part of both the Rangers and the Celtics has decided he wants to give back. He has decided to sell his league medal in order to raise money so a teen with cystic fibrosis could receive a lung transplant that has become crucial to his health.Background on...
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Mild, Moderate, and Severe Vertigo
Vertigo can vary from one person to another, sometimes being just a minor inconvenience and other times becoming a disabling condition. To address these differences, vertigo is classified either as a mild, moderate or severe vertigo. ...
- 3 Current Trends in Diabetes Research
According to research conducted by the Centers for Disease Control, more than 29 million people in America are diagnosed with diabetes while 86 million were reported to have pre-diabetes. If you’re one of those, then you should keep on reading to know the latest news on diabetes.1. Sugar Sponges...
- Dr. Andrea Stracciolini MD319 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Sarah S. Jackson MD300 LONGWOOD AVE BOSTON MA 02115
- Dr. Jessica Flynn M.D.Lahey Clinic Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Jeffrey Brian Kreher MD55 FRUIT ST BOSTON MA 02114
- Dr. Avi J Grunin M.D.133 BROOKLINE AVE BOSTON MA 02215
- Dr. Hugo Paquin MD, FRCPC, FAAP300 LONGWOOD AVE BOSTON MA 02115