Dr. Omar S Khokhar MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1001 Main St Suite 500a Peoria IL, 61606
Dr. Omar Khokhar is a gastroenterologist practicing in Peoria, IL. Dr. Khokhar specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Khokhar performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Dr. Omar S Khokhar MD's Practice location
BLOOMINGTON, IL 61704Get Direction
Dr. Omar S Khokhar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Khokhar
- Immunosuppressive Drugs for Crohn's Disease
Crohn’s disease is an autoimmune disorder. Due to this disorder, the gastrointestinal tract is affected, and the lining of the digestive system is inflamed. Usually, it affects the colon, although it may affect any part. Ulcers, fistulas, or even cracks can develop in the intestine. This can block...
- Actress Jennifer Esposito Shares her Celiac Disease Misdiagnosis
Jennifer Esposito, the star of films like Crash and popular television shows like Spin City and NCIS, has been suffering in silent frustration for almost 25 years…until she found out about celiac disease from a doctor who would truly listen—and pay heed to what she was going through.Esposito...
- What Are The Risk Factors Of A Colonoscopy?
Colonoscopy is a medical procedure and like all medical procedures, it may have its risks. For a vast majority of patients, the benefits far outweigh the risks and also much can be done to minimize the risks.About Colonoscopy The colonoscopy procedure involves the use of a thin and flexible camera...
- Mandy Moore Determines Whether or Not She Has Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is becoming more popular because it has significantly increased its rate of affected people with the passage of time. People becoming more aware of the condition and how it affects the lives of people who are gluten intolerant have led big companies and franchises, such as McDonald's,...
- Know the Symptoms of Colon Cancer
In order to recognize if you have colon cancer, it is vital to know the signs and symptoms of colon cancer. However, most of the symptoms caused by a carcinoma of the colon can also be seen with other diseases that isn’t a cancer, such as hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, and infections of...
- How Adherence to Medication Lowers Healthcare Cost in Crohn's and Colitis Patients
Take medications as they are prescribed. It sounds like such a simple concept, but it isn’t. Medication nonadherence continues to be a problem in the United States. It causes people to not only remain unhealthy, but it puts a huge strain on health care costs. When it comes to children, many...
- Dr. Srinivas Reddy Puli M.D2805 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61604
- Dr. Terry L Baldwin M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Michael F. Shekleton Other2805 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61604
- Dr. Abdullah Al-rashdan M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Maureen A Lillich M.D.1001 W Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Fritz-henry Volmar MD2805 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61604