Dr. Solomon Wolf is a psychiatrist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Wolf is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Wolf diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Wolf may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Wolf treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Second Moscow Med Inst, Russian State Med Univ, Moscow, Russia 1987
Moscow Medical Institute Of Health Ministry 1980
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Psychiatry
- Oregon Health & Science University Program
Dr. Solomon Wolf MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97239Get Direction
Dr. Solomon Wolf MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Binge Eating Disorder: Get the Facts
Individuals suffering from binge eating disorder (B.E.D) often eat excessively. They are not able to control the intake of food when the binges kick in. People with this disorder are distinct from bulimia and anorexia victims in that the former don’t vomit, eat little quantities of particular...
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- What Is Bipolar Disorder: Get the Facts
Life is a series of peaks and valleys as we try to experience, explore, and feel different things all throughout it. That's just the way life is for most of us, and we learn to navigate life's challenges and grow from our experiences. But for people with bipolar disorder, life takes on a much more...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Why Do Hallucinations Happen?
IntroductionHallucinations are sensations that people perceive as real, but in reality, are only created by their mind. A person's five senses are often affected. Examples are hearing voices without anyone around or seeing images that are not real. Such symptoms are may due to mental illnesses, drug...
- Dr. George Frederick Drinka M.D.2250 Northwest Flanders Portland Oregon 97210
- Lewis A. Van Osdel11602 Southwest Breyman Avenue Portland Oregon 97219
- Dr. Robert Harlan Bridenbaugh M.D.9111 Ne Sunderland Rd Portland OR 97211
- Dr. Shirley Roffe M.D.1015 NW 22ND AVE PORTLAND OR 97210
- Dr. Scott M Murray MD2330 Nw Flanders St Portland OR 97210
- Dr. Kate Hanna Blumner MD3710 Sw Us Veterans Hospital Rd Portland OR 97239