Dr. Michael A Hurwitz MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology1700 SW 7th St Topeka KS, 66606
Dr. Michael Hurwitz is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Topeka, KS. Dr. Hurwitz specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1976
- Liver Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Michael A Hurwitz MD's Practice location
Topeka, KS 66606Get Direction
- Lymphoma, the Persistence of Inspirational Women, and the Power of Language
Each year, Leukemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand (LBC) sponsors their Blood Cancer Patient Forum. They invite speakers to bring them news about such topics as treatment advances and management of cancer from a fully developed psycho-social perspective. Essentially, they dish up good old-fashioned...
- The Promising Future of Gene Therapy and Lymphoma
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma affects over 700,000 people in America alone. Though current treatments are moderately effective, especially for aggressive forms of the disease, more can be done to help people impacted by NHL. Researchers are doing just that by working to develop new, innovative treatment for...
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to Expand Mission Against Blood Cancer
On July 19, 2017, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or LLS, proclaimed that they would be expanding their initiative to beat acute myeloid leukemia. Referred to as "Beat AML Master Trial", the project aims to test new and innovative treatments for those suffering from AML. For more information...
- AstraZeneca Gains United States Approval for Lymphoma Drug
Some forms of lymphoma are rarer than others. Most people can recognize Hodgkin lymphoma, but mantle cell lymphoma will strike them as a surprise.Because it is so rare, there are not as many drugs specific to this form of cancer. One has recently been approved in the United States, by the Food and...
- Treatment Options of Multiple Myeloma
A team led by a consultant haematology specialist takes care of you if you are a multiple myeloma patient. The team discusses your situation and suggests the best treatment for you, but you will finally decide.It may be paramount to compile a list of questions which you will ask the specialist...
- Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi Discusses Struggles with Lymphoma
Tony Iommi is one of the few rock and roll legends who can say that they fulfilled the industry’s cliché act of getting the band back together. In 2011, the loss of a good friend brought the Black Sabbath guitarist Iommi back into contact with the band’s original lead vocalist, Ozzy Osbourne....
- Dr. Mouhammed Jameel Kyasa MD1700 SW 7th St Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. Muhammad A Salamat M.D.1414 SW 8TH AVE TOPEKA KS 66606
- Dr. Mehmood Hussain Hashmi MD1414 Sw 8th Ave Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. Karissa Wright Boyd DO1414 Sw 8th Ave Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. Adrian A Caracioni MD1414 Sw 8th Ave Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. David E Einspahr M.D.823 Sw Mulvane St Topeka KS 66606