Dr. Elmyra V. Encarnacion MD
Neurologist | Neurology2401 S 31st St Texas A & M/ S& W, D Temple TX, 76508
Dr. Elmyra Encarnacion practices Neuropathology in Temple, TX. Dr. Encarnacion studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
St George',s University MD
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Dr. Elmyra V. Encarnacion MD's Practice location
Temple, TX 76508Get Direction
WILKES BARRE, PA 18711Get Direction
Dr. Elmyra V. Encarnacion MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Encarnacion
- What Is Epilepsy?
DefinitionEpilepsy is a chronic disorder of the brain with recurrent, unprovoked seizures as its most common symptoms. Most people with epilepsy have multiple types of seizures and other neurological problems. A seizure is a disorder of the electrical activity in the brain.The source of epilepsy is...
- Risk of Multiple Sclerosis Reduced by Breast-Feeding, Study Suggests
Women are twice as likely as men to develop Multiple Sclerosis in their lifetime, and recent studies have been focused on discovering links, if they exist, between MS and motherhood. The relationship between women and MS has become increasingly complicated as fluctuations in risk have been...
- Brain Tumor: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
A brain tumor is a condition that involves an abnormal multiplication of cells in the brain. Tumors can be cancerous or non-cancerous in nature. Cancerous tumors are often referred to as “malignant,” and non-cancerous tumors are called “benign”. If either kind of tumor grows, they increase...
- One Step Closer to a Cure: New Developments in Parkinson’s Research
Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative disease that affects a lot of people worldwide with an estimated figure of about 1 million in the United States alone, according to the National Parkinson’s Foundation. Despite the sheer amount of support available for patients as seen in the dozens of...
- Research Suggests Multiple Sclerosis Is Not a Combination of Diseases
Due to the fact that symptoms and progression rates of MS vary among patients with the disease, previous implications have been made to suggest that MS may involve a combination of two or more different diseases.New findingsMost recently, a study used computational simulations to assess whether it...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Dr. Ekokobe Fonkem D.O2401 S 31ST ST TEMPLE TX 76508
- Dr. Sai Kavitha Mula MD2401 S 31ST ST TEMPLE TX 76508
- Dr. Fares A. Kokash M.D.2401 S 31ST ST TEMPLE TX 76508
- Dr. James T. Wilkinson M.D.2401 S 31st St Temple TX 76508
- Dr. Batool Fuad Kirmani MD2401 South 31st St Temple TX 76508
- Dr. Jennifer Elizabeth Rasmussen-winkler M.D.2401 S 31ST ST TEMPLE TX 76508