Dr. Ameet Daftary practices Sleep Medicine in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Daftary studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Seth G S Med College University Of Mumbai Mumbai Maharashtra India 1995
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Association of pericardial effusion with gastroschisis.
- Intracardiac fungal masses in high-risk neonates: clinical observations.
- Hypertension-hyponatremia syndrome in neonates: case report and review of literature.
- Neonatal management at limits of viability: hypothesis based on review of literature and clinical observations.
- Effect of long-term steroids on cough efficiency and respiratory muscle strength in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Treatment of childhood obstructive sleep apnea.
- Inhalational lung injury associated with humidifier "white dust".
- Neurodevelopmental Outcomes at Two Years of Age for Premature Infants Diagnosed With Neonatal Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Hurley Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Dr. Ameet Shirish Daftary MD's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45229Get Direction
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46202Get Direction
Dr. Ameet Shirish Daftary MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Negative Impact Sleep Apnea Can Have on a Child's Memory
Many already know that the pauses in breathing for a long period of time are what defines sleep apnea. However, what many may not know is that this disorder affects 1 out of 4 children and may occur between the ages of 2 and 8 years old. The American Sleep Apnea Association indicated that...
- Can Children Suffer from Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a very common sleep disorder that can affect any individual at any age, even children. It is typically caused by something that blocks the airway, thus leading to abnormal breathing while asleep. If your child snores loudly or displays other symptoms such as breathing difficulties...
- Is There a Link Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Speech?
Many patients experience issues in speech when diagnosed with sleep apnea. The altered speech function in OSA has led researchers to believe that there is an underlying link between obstructive sleep apnea and a speech disorder. It has been seen in both children and adults, especially if they have...
- Mason Motz Becomes A Chatterbox Once His Sleep Apnea Was Fixed
Mason Motz is a 6-year-old Texas youngster who now sings his favorite songs and talks to everyone who will listen to him. He is always asking his mom about her day and discussing the world with his brother. Every day, he leaves his family astounded, because, for over five years of his life, Mason...
- Agony of a Little Girl Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea
People often say they slept like a baby after a restful night of sleep. However, that is not always the case, especially for kids suffering from obstructive sleep apnea. Sadly, most parents are not aware of this issue and it can become a very difficult problem to deal with, a problem that can affect...
- Child Stops Breathing 27 Times an Hour Due to Sleep Apnea
It is during a child’s earliest years where much of their development takes place. During this time, they learn through their own observations, develop their social and mental skills, and figure out their own independence. However, some children do not have it so easy, especially for Mia Amdur,...