Erin Knopf, MD, FAAP, DABPN, CEDS
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1801 California St Suite 2400 Denver CO, 80202
Dr. Erin Knopf is a board-certified pediatrician, adult psychiatrist and child/adolescent psychiatrist as well as an iaedp Certified Eating Disorder Specialist. Dr. Knopf is dedicated to treating patients with eating disorders holistically. As a triple-boarded physician and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, she uses her combined training with intentionality to assess disease severity and devise comprehensive plans to address the eating disorder behaviors as well as comorbid symptoms of anxiety, depression, OCD and more.
Education and Training
The George Washington Universi BA 2009
American University of the Car MD 2013
The University of Kentucky Residency/ Fellowship 2018
American Board of Pediatrics
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- Diagnostic evaluations, Psychiatric medication management, Psychotherapy
Articles and Publications
- Khatri, P., Grayeb, D., Knopf, E., Dworkin, K., Gibson, D. A Case of Mitochondrial Neurogastrointestinal Encephalomyopathy with Metabolic Complications During Refeeding.American Journal of Case Reports. June 07, 2022Nitsch, A., Knopf, E., Manwaring, J., Mehler, PS. Avoidant/ Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID): Its Medical complications and Their Treatment-An Emerging Area.Current Pediatrics Reports. Vol. 9/ Issue 1, March 2021Knopf, E, Mehler PS. Managing Low Bone Mineral Density in Adolescents with Eating Disorders: A Review of Pathophysiology, Diagnostic Modalities and Treatment. Eating Disorders Review. Vol. 30/No. 4. July/August 2019
Erin Knopf, MD, FAAP, DABPN, CEDS's Practice location
Denver, CO 80202Get Direction
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Dr. Theodore Henderson MD, PHD3979 E Arapahoe Rd Centennial CO 80122
- Dr. Foster Winfield Cline M.D.5910 S Jellison St Littleton CO 80123
- Dr. Melissa Marie Batt M.D., M.P.H.13001 E 17th Pl Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Dana Krafchick M.D.6851 South Holly Circle Englewood CO 80112
- Dr. John Conrad Rudersdorf MD10350 DRANSFELDT RD PARKER CO 80134
- Dr. Resul Kaan Ozbayrak M.D.155 INVERNESS DR W ENGLEWOOD CO 80112