Dr. Pradeep Rattan is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Rattan specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Rattan helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
University of Calcutta / Medical College 1972
Calcutta National Medical College 1974
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Metro Child & Adol Srvs, Psychiatry
- METROCARE SERVICES-CHILD & ADOLESCENT
Dr. Pradeep Rattan M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60608Get Direction
Dr. Pradeep Rattan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Mr. Hazim Zakko MD5145 N California Ave Chicago IL 60625
- Dr. Steven Richard Mershon M.D.1500 Waukegan Rd Glenview IL 60025
- Dr. Barry Gershuny MD1200 Shermer Rd Northbrook IL 60062
- Dr. Andrew Ripeckyj M.D.1725 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Tracey Chantell Cawthorn MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Leonard David Elkun MD411 W. Ontario St Chicago IL 60610