Dr. Hyman B Muss MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology143 W Franklin St Chapel Hill NC, 27516
Dr. Hyman Muss is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Muss specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1968
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine 1968
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- New strategies for managing metastatic breast cancer.
- The association of increased weight, body mass index, and tissue density with the risk of breast carcinoma in Vermont.
- Systemic therapy for older women with breast cancer.
- 5-fluorouracil with cytosine arabinoside in metastatic gastrointestinal cancer.
- Role of adjuvant endocrine therapy in early-stage breast cancer.
- Older age--not a barrier to cancer treatment.
- Factors used to select adjuvant therapy of breast cancer in the United States: an overview of age, race, and socioeconomic status.
- Long-term follow-up of a phase II trial studying a weekly doxorubicin-based multiple drug adjuvant therapy for stage II node-positive carcinoma of the breast.
- New Hormones for Advanced Breast Cancer.
- Improved outcomes from adding sequential Paclitaxel but not from escalating Doxorubicin dose in an adjuvant chemotherapy regimen for patients with node-positive primary breast cancer.
- Randomized trial of dose-dense versus conventionally scheduled and sequential versus concurrent combination chemotherapy as postoperative adjuvant treatment of node-positive primary breast cancer: first report of Intergroup Trial C9741/Cancer and Leu
- Barriers to clinical trial participation by older women with breast cancer.
- Paris and New York: more in common than you think!
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer in the elderly.
- Endocrine therapy for advanced breast cancer: a review.
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Internal Medicine; Children'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Hyman B Muss MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27516Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Dr. Hyman B Muss MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Muss
- John Quinones Teams Up With Survivors For Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Many cancer patients suffer in silence, with the public being largely unaware of the different types of cancer and how they affect patients. Most people obviously know that cancer is well, a bad thing, but there is a lot of nuance and important information that is lost on the common citizen. Most...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- Make-A-Wish Makes a Movie Star
Through their fundraising, on average in the United States and its territories, Make-A-Wish is able to grant the wish of a child every 34 minutes.How was it started?The Make-A-Wish Foundation started with the wish of one 7-year-old boy’s wish in 1980. Chris Grecius, who had leukemia, wanted to be...
- Daughter's Donation Gives Mom with Lymphoma a Fighting Chance
Chyanne Ojageer, a 14-year-old teenager from Kissimmee, Florida, became one of the youngest bone marrow donors in the state when she donated her own bone marrow to help save her mother’s life.Neisha Ojageer, never in her wildest dreams thought that her daughter would be the person to save her...
- Life Lessons After Multiple Misdiagnoses of Lymphoma
28-year-old Jessica DeCristofaro had been coughing persistently and she was told by her doctor that it was a result of allergies. She even took medication for her supposed allergies over the course of two years. When the medication failed to improve her persistent cough, another doctor diagnosed her...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- Dr. Stefanie Sarantopoulos M.D.40 Duke Medicine Cir Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Eugene P Orringer101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Nicole Lemieux Whitlatch MDDumc 3841 Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Angela Coscio MD1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Usman Shah M.D.1240 S Cedar Crest Blvd Allentown PA 18103
- Dr. Yubin Kang M.D.171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425