Dr. Ching Chen is an ophthalmologist practicing in Jackson, MS. Dr. Chen specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Chen can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Chen can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Taipei Med Coll, Taipei, Taiwan (- Prior / 1970
Taipei Medical College 1970
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine 1970
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Outcomes and complications of hydrogel scleral explant removal.
- P-selectin Plasma Levels and Genetic Variant Associated With Diabetic Retinopathy in African Americans.
- Risk Factors for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy in African Americans with Type 2 Diabetes.
- OPTICAL COHERENCE TOMOGRAPHY CHARACTERISTICS OF MACULAR EDEMA AND HARD EXUDATES AND THEIR ASSOCIATION WITH LIPID SERUM LEVELS IN TYPE 2 DIABETES.
- Association of serum lipid levels with retinal hard exudate area in African Americans with type 2 diabetes.
- Genetically Determined Plasma Lipid Levels and Risk of Diabetic Retinopathy: A Mendelian Randomization Study.
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cook Co Hospital 1970
Dr. Ching Jygh Chen M.D.'s Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Ching Jygh Chen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chen
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- Dr. Omolola Oladunni Idowu MD2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Kimberly Crowder M.D.2500 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39216
- Dr. Bo Huang M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Oluwatosin Urowoli Smith M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Linda P Brodell M.D.2625 E Market St Warren OH 44483
- Dr. Farrah D Newman M. D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605