Stephen Demeter is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Honolulu, HI. Demeter specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Demeter participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1974
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Cleveland Clinic Fndn, Pulmonary Diseases; Mt Carmel Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Mt Carmel Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Stephen Louis Demeter MD's Practice location
HENDERSON, NV 89044Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Louis Demeter MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Occupational Therapy and Mental Health
Mental disabilities require a radically different approach from physical disabilities. For a fact, they are serious and can harm the individual’s social and mental development, but more importantly, most of them cannot be cured.Which mental health problems are addressed by occupational...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- Dr. Michael Alan Mcgriff M.D.55 Merchant St. Honolulu HI 96813
- Dr. James Read Langworthy MD1010 S King St Honolulu HI 96814
- Dr. John Sterling Endicott M.D., M.P.H.438 Uluniu St Kailua HI 96734
- Dr. Christopher Roy Brigham M.D.59 Baxter Blvd Portland ME 04101
- Dr. Michael Ross Brumage MD, MPH, FACP1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center HI 96859
- Timothy Tsuchidana THERAPY DIR. I545 Ohohia St Honolulu HI 96819