Dr. Rahul P. Bhandari, MD
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology3280 N McMullen Booth Rd Clearwater FL, 33761
Dr. Rahul Bhandari practices Radiation Oncology in Clearwater, Florida. He specializes in treating a wide variety of cancers with different modalities of Radiation Therapy. Radiation Therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells, while causing minimal side effects. Dr. Bhandari's philosophy epitomizes personalizing cancer care by working closely together with his peers in other cancer specialties, and providing patient-centered compassionate care through shared decision making and a comprehensive approach.
Education and Training
George Washington University MD 2012
Radiation Oncology (Physician Specialties)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT), Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Palliative Radiation Therapy, Superficial Electron Therapy
Articles and Publications
- Single Institution Experience of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy in Non-smallCell Lung Cancer: Comparison of Two Dose Regimes and a Perspective on IdealDose RegimensDepartment of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. Published in Cureus Journal. 2021.Small Cell Carcinoma of the Prostate: A Case Report and Review of LiteratureDepartment of Radiation Oncology at the Sonny Montgomery VA MedicalCenter. Published in Cureus Journal. 2020.Considering Inhomogeneities in Gamma Knife treatment planning: FactorsAffecting the Loss Prescription Dose Coverage.Department of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. Published in JRSBRT. 2019.Analysis of a Real Time Group Consensus Peer Review Process in RadiationOncology: An Evaluation of Effectiveness and FeasibilityDepartment of Radiation Oncology at University of Miss.issippi MedicalCenter. Published in Radiation Oncology Journal. 2018Group Consensus Peer Review in Radiation Oncology: Commitment toQualityDepartment of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. Published in Biomed Central Radiation Oncology Journal. 2018.Saving the Hand: Role of Multimodality therapy for Ewing's Sarcoma Family Tumor of the Palm Advances in Radiation Oncology.Department of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. Case Report published in the Advances in Radiation OncologyJournal. 2018.A Sustainable Model for Peer Review and Utility of At-a-Glance Analysis ofDose Volume Histogram in Radiation Oncology.Department of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. First author of manuscript that has been published inthe Journal of the American College of Radiology (JACR). 2017.Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Stage I Non-Small Cell LungCancer: A Retrospective, Single-Center Study of 55 Patients.Department of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. I am the first author of this manuscript published in theOncology Journal on July 19, 2016.Five Fraction Image-Guided Radiosurgery for Primary and RecurrentMeningiomas.Department of Radiation Oncology at Georgetown University. I am thesecond author of the manuscript published in the Frontiers of OncologyJournal on August 20, 2013.Published AbstractsA Paradigm Shift: CBCT Offers Improved Localization for Frame-Based Gamma Knife Treatment.Department of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. Accepted for an oral presentation at the Scientific Committeeof the Leksell Gamma Knife Society in on Dubai March 4-8, 2018.Clinical Significance of Inhomogeneities in Gamma Knife TreatmentPlanning: Factors affecting the Loss of Target Prescription DoseCoverage.Department of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. Accepted for an oral presentation at the Scientific Committeeof the Leksell Gamma Knife Society in on Dubai March 4-8, 2018.A Sustainable Model for Peer Review and Utility of At-a-Glance Analysisof Dose Volume Histogram in Radiation Oncology.Department of Radiation Oncology at University of Mississippi MedicalCenter. ePoster presented at ACR Conference on October 13-14, 2017in Boston.Adjuvant and Salvage Radiation Therapy Following Radical RetropubicProstatectomy: A Retrospective Review of a Single Institution.Department of Radiation Oncology at the G.V. Sonny Montogomery VAmedical Center, Jackson, MS. Abstract published in the Association ofVA Hematology/Oncology Journal.Predictive Factors for Brain Metastases and Relapse and PrognosticFactors for Survival in Stage III-IV Non-Small Cell Lung cancer (NSCLC).Minesh Mehta, MD. Department of Radiation Oncology at theNorthwestern Memorial Hospital. Abstract published in Red Journal on2013.Improved Biochemical Control (
What do you attribute your success to?
- Setting goals, unwavering motivation and persistence, turning failures into lessons, fighting for others.
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Any place where my family can be together.
Hobbies / Sports
- Dr. Bhandari loves to play organized basketball, football, tennis, hockey, golf, and rowing. He also is a dedicated fan of his professional sports home teams. On his free time, he enjoys traveling, dancing, reading, spending time with his family, and embarking on anything that has a taste of adventure.
Dr. Rahul P. Bhandari, MD's Practice location
Clearwater, FL 33761Get Direction
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Does Bladder Cancer Require Chemotherapy for Treatment?
Does bladder cancer require chemotherapy for treatment?Bladder cancer can be treated through a number of ways and chemotherapy is one of them. Chemotherapy is an important treatment method and it works well in many cases. However, to understand whether it is necessary, it is important to know what...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Dr. Stephanie L Rapke M.D.3000 Us Highway 19 Holiday FL 34691
- Dr. Javier F Torres-roca MD12902 Usf Magnolia Dr Tampa FL 33612
- Dr. Robert J Miller M.D.6600 66th St N Pinellas Park FL 33781
- Dr. William A Assad MD601 S Armenia Ave Tampa FL 33609
- Dr. Zucel Solc MD6600 66th St N Pinellas Park FL 33781
- Dr. Purendra P Sinha MD3000 Us Highway 19 Holiday FL 34691