Dr. Crisanto Torres is a cardiologist practicing in Amsterdam, NY. Dr. Torres specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Torres also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery 1965
- Our Lady Lourdes Hosp, Internal Medicine Vet Affairs Med Ctr-Brooklyn, Internal Medicine Coney Island Hosp, Internal Medicine Maimonides Med Ctr, Internal Medicine Vassar Brothers Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Crisanto M. Torres M.D.'s Practice location
Amsterdam, NY 12010Get Direction
Dr. Crisanto M. Torres M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Non-Medical Treatments for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a critical condition that should be taken very seriously. If left untreated for a long period of time, it can lead to fatal consequences. Many people who suffer from this condition underestimate its significance and do not follow their doctors' orders. It is...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- Is Rheumatoid Arthritis Associated with Other Medical Conditions?
Have you been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis? If so, there is a possibility that you could be at a higher risk of experiencing further issues with other organs. Because of these risk factors, it is important to look out for any possible symptoms you may be experiencing. These symptoms can vary...
- Are Statins Safe?
Statins are a class of drugs that help to reduce the levels of cholesterol in blood by inhibiting the enzyme involved in the production of cholesterol in liver. It is one of the most commonly prescribed drug to lower cholesterol levels and to avoid complications like stroke and heart attacks....
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Dr. Neel Pravin Chokshi MD1111 Amsterdam Ave New York NY 10025
- Dr. Herschel Joseph Sklaroff MD1175 Park Avenue New York NY 10128
- Dr. Michael B Holmes M.D.2546 Balltown Rd Schenectady NY 12309
- Dr. Martin L Kahn MD530 First Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Peter Daniel Cospito D.O.2546 Balltown Rd Schenectady NY 12309
- Dr. David Charles Armenia M.D.2546 Balltown Rd Schenectady NY 12309