Dr. Don J. Fontana M.D.
Plastic Surgeon3500 Old Washington Rd. Suite 201 Waldorf MD, 20602
Dr. Don Fontana is a cosmetic medicine and surgery specialist practicing in Waldorf, MD. Dr. Fontana specializes in the enhancement of appearance. Improving aesthetic, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic medicine has nothing to do with these specific areas not functioning properly; therefore, this elective field solely focuses on aesthetics and anti-aging.
Education and Training
Univ Zurich- Med Fak- Zurich- Switzerland 1974
Universitat Zurich, Medizinische Fakultat 1974
Erasmus Universiteit Faculteit der Geneeskunde 1974
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Plastic Surgery; Georgetown Univ Hosp, General Surgery; Sibley Mem Hosp, General Surgery
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
Dr. Don J. Fontana M.D.'s Practice location
Waldorf, MD 20602Get Direction
Dr. Don J. Fontana M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fontana
- Everything You Need to Know About Septoplasty
The Septum is the bone and cartilage that divides the nose into two different nostrils. The two nostrils are normally of equal size. However, when the septum moves towards one side of the nose making one smaller or larger than the other, the condition is referred to as deviated septum. There are...
- Recovery from Blepharoplasty
Eyelid incisions normally take 5 to 7 days to heal and become ready for the removal of sutures. The patient can start doing usual activities again within 7 to 10 days and wear contact lenses within 14 days.Redness and bruising around the eyes can be concealed with cosmetics. It is important for...
- Blepharoplasty Complications
Blepharoplasty is a surgery done to correct a condition of droopy eyelids involving excessive muscle, skin, and fats in the eyelids.While you age, the muscles supporting your eyelids wear because your eyelids stretch. This results in excessive fats around the eyelids that make them sag, or be droopy...
- What to Expect After Blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty, in simple terms, means the surgery of the eyelid(s). It is performed on either the lower or the upper eyelid. Sometimes, blepharoplasty is also performed on both eyelids (the lower and the upper one). The two major reasons people opt for eyelid surgery are:...
- How Safe is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a popular cosmetic procedure that helps to remove undesirable fat deposits from different parts of the body. Removing excess fat deposits gives the skin a smoother and better appearance. Also known as body contouring, this procedure is often done on parts of the body, including the...
- Gynecomastia- the Surgery for Man Boobs
What is Gynecomastia?If you are a male and if you have breast development, it is called as gynecomastia. This is a result of an imbalance in the hormones, estrogen and testosterone. Gynecomastia can affect either one or both breasts. Males going through puberty and elderly people can develop...
- Macy Hall, Jr.1310 Southern Avenue Washington DC 20032
- Dr. Saeed Marefat M.D., F.A.C.S.3833 N. Fairfax Drive Arlington VA 22203
- Dr. Iyad S Saidi MD. PHD6355 Walker Ln Alexandria VA 22310
- Dr. Wilfred R Ehrmantraut MD110 Hospital Rd Prince Frederick MD 20678
- Dr. Vesna Mrzljak MD6300 Stevenson Ave Alexandria VA 22304
- Dr. Stephen Xavier Giunta MD4216 King Street Alexandria VA 22302