Dr. Raghunath Mehta is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Tappan, NY. Dr. Mehta specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Mehta helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Calcutta National Medical College 1960
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Taunton State Hosp, Psychiatry; Nyu Downtown Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Raghunath Mehta M.D's Practice location
Tappan, NY 10983Get Direction
Dr. Raghunath Mehta M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Dr. Pritesh Shah M.D.354 Old Hook Rd Westwood NJ 07675
- Dr. Shragit Glazman MD2 Overhill Rd Scarsdale NY 10583
- Dr. Sailaja Valiveti MD15-01 Broadway Fair Lawn NJ 07410
- Dr. James Joseph Weisbard M.D.2015 GRAND CONCOURSE BRONX NY 10453
- Dr. Vanajakshi Paturu M.D15-01 BROADWAY STE 10B FAIR LAWN NJ 07410
- Mr. Sidiki Dabo MD600 E 233rd St Bronx NY 10466