Dr. Lori Guyton practices Neuropathology in Herrin, IL. Dr. Guyton studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine 1993
HAHNEMANN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINE 1993
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Neck Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Memory Loss
- Abnormal Gait
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Neurology; Christiana Care Hlth Servs Inc, Internal Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Lori M Guyton M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Lori M Guyton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Guyton
- What Is Pramipexole Used For?
IntroductionPramipexole is a medication that has similar effects to dopamine, which is a chemical released by nerve cells. Parkinson's disease is associated with low levels of dopamine in the brain. Pramipexole is used to treat symptoms that are associated with Parkinson’s disease such as...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
Transient ischemic attack (TIA) is type of the disease and it drops the blood supply to the brain temporarily. This is due to various reasons. It can make the brain deprive from the oxygen. The person gets stroke which is stroke like situations. Though it does not last long.The transient ischemic...
- How Sunscreen May Lead to New Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
A few cells in the immune and nervous systems have vitamin D receptors that are found on the cells’ surface. It is here where they receive chemical signals. When a cell attaches itself to a receptor, the chemical signals trigger the cell to perform an activity, such as to divide in multiple ways...
- What Is ALS : Common symptoms of ALS
ALS, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, is a neurological disorder that many people refer to as Lou Gehrig's disease. This is a progressive disease in which the nerves that control the voluntary movements in the body deteriorate. As the nerve cells degenerate, it leads to paralysis and then death...
- Teen with Muscular Dystrophy Gets His Own Theme Song from School's Marching Band
Jack Knight was born with a very rare case of Duchenne muscular dystrophy where he has permanently lost most of his motor functions at the age of 16.Despite this, Jack became a real inspiration to many people as he never gave up and continued living his life the way he wants. He not only serves as...
- Breakthrough in Parkinson's Disease Research Allows Patients to Sleep During Deep Brain Stimulation
Deep brain stimulation surgery has contributed to an improvement to the quality of life for patients with Parkinson's disease. This brain surgery reduces the patient's symptoms and tremors by inserting electrodes into the brain. The catch? The patient is awake during the 4-6 hour surgery. Under...
- Dr. Robin Levy-Miller M.D.8825 FM 580 San Saba Texas 76877
- Tiffany Ward MD3350 La Jolla Village Dr San Diego CA 92161
- Dr. Bhargav Arvindbabu Trivedi M.D.305 W Jackson St Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Alejandro Hornik MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Fakhre Alam MD305 W Jackson St Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Sadasivam Modali M.D2401 W Main St Marion IL 62959