Dr. William Clancy is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Madison, WI. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Clancy is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1967
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- The effect of neuromuscular training on the incidence of knee injury in female athletes: a prospective study.
- Presidential Address of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. The past, present, and future.
- Treatment algorithm for osteochondral injuries of the knee.
- Posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: two-bundle technique.
- Anatomic endoscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with patella tendon autograft.
- Allograft reconstruction for massive, irreparable rotator cuff tears.
- Rehabilitation after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in the female athlete.
- Arthroscopic anterior and posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction technique.
- The effects of extra-articular starting point and transtibial femoral drilling on the intra-articular aperture of the tibial tunnel in ACL reconstruction.
- Tendinitis and plantar fasciitis in runners.
- Back injuries in college athletes.
- Anatomic ACL reconstruction: the final answer?
- Specific rehabilitation for the injured recreational runner.
- Acute Ulnar Collateral Ligament Injury in a Baseball Pitcher.
- University of Wisconsin Hospital Sports Medicine and Fitness Center.
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Program
Dr. William Gerard Clancy M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. William Gerard Clancy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Exercises Prevent Shin Splints?
Shin splints hurt, and if you do not take them seriously, it starts to hurt so much that you have to stop your sport or whatever physical activity you are doing. You will experience pain along the inner aspect of the shin bone, which is initially mild and only present at the end of your exercise or...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- What Are the Symptoms of Sepsis?
What is sepsis?Sepsis is a severe and an extreme immune response to an infection and is considered as an emergency medical condition. Widespread inflammation occurs due to the chemicals that are released into the blood to counter an infection.Inflammation can damage the body's vital organs. The...
- Do I Need DHEA Supplements?
DHEA supplements have a multitude of uses, depending on what the individual wants to improve on or in his or her body. These supplements can be used for building muscles, it can be used as an anti-aging supplement, and it can even be used to aid general health conditions. Yet, what is DHEA? Are DHEA...
- What Are the Major Warning Signs of a Stroke?
A stroke is one of the leading causes of death in the country. A stroke can be fatal if not treated immediately. Strokes can lead to disabilities, and affect the quality of life of a person considerably. Recognizing the symptoms and responding to the immediate needs is what is important in the...
- What is Medical Marijuana?
Medical marijuana refers to the legal use of marijuana for the treatment of several chronic and debilitating conditions. It is often recommended for symptoms including severe pain, nausea, and vomiting. Medical marijuana is used in the treatment of several diseases including multiple sclerosis,...
- Dr. Kathleen E Carr MD100 N Nine Mound Rd Verona WI 53593
- Dr. John F Orwin MD621 Science Dr Madison WI 53711
- Dr. Emily B Porter MD752 N High Point Rd Madison WI 53717
- Dr. John J Wilson MD100 N Nine Mound Rd Verona WI 53593
- Dr. Tamara A Scerpella MD621 Science Dr Madison WI 53711
- Dr. Brian D. Shannon M.D.University Of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics Madison WI 53792