Dr. Halford Meyer is an internist practicing in Columbia, SC. Dr. Meyer specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Meyer provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
St George',s University MD
Saint George`s University / School of Medicine 1984
St. George's University School of Medicine 1984
Dr. Halford E Meyer MD's Practice location
Columbia, SC 29203Get Direction
Dr. Halford E Meyer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Normal Heart Rate?
What is heart rate?The heart rate is the number of heartbeats that occur per minute. The normal heart rate depends from person-to-person. As people get older, the heart rate changes and pulse regularity may change, which can signify heart problems or other medical conditions. Your heart rate may...
- Reduce the Swelling of Your Ankles with These 10 Natural Remedies
Foot or ankle swelling is called edema. Many things, including high blood pressure and pregnancy, can cause this problem. Edema in your feet and ankles occurs when your body is unable to push blood and fluids in them up your legs, so that your ankles and feet swell. Swelling in the feet and ankles...
- Causes and Treatment for Dry Cough
IntroductionA dry cough is a type of cough that does not accompany the production of mucus or phlegm. Most cases of dry cough are caused by certain allergic reactions from allergens, such as pollutants, dust, or toxins. The body usually tries to expel these irritants by coughing it out. In some...
- Reducing the Intensity of Pain with Mindful Mediation
A new brain imaging study has shown that meditation, even a brief instruction, helps to reduce the intensity of pain. Most of the participants of the study reported to have a reduction in pain after four 20-minute sessions of mindfulness meditation instructions....
- Weighted Hula Hoops May Help to Burn More Calories
Workouts with hula hoops may help to burn as many calories as step aerobics, boot camp, or very brisk walking, according to a new study sponsored by the American Council on Exercise (ACE). In this study, 16 women between 16-years-old and 59-years-old were trained on a 30-minute aerobics session...
- Obesity & Sleep Disorders, Affect Child's Ability to Learn
A new study has shown that weight, sleeping disorders, and inability to learn are all linked with each other in children. A child who is overweight and who does not get enough sleep may have difficulty learning. Moreover, a child who has learning disabilities has a higher risk of developing obesity...
- Dr. Melissa Hess Hummel MD2701 MIDDLEBURG DR COLUMBIA SC 29204
- Dr. Zubair Hsi-mai Chao MD1801 Sunset Drive Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Lee Smith Carson M.D.220 Graces Way Columbia SC 29229
- Dr. Amjad Abdulrahman MD7430 College St Irmo SC 29063
- Dr. Elizabeth W Edwards M.D.2 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Tanya G Seawright MD103 Saluda Ridge Ct West Columbia SC 29169