Dr. Hal C Scherz M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology81 Upper Riverdale Rd Sw Suite 200 Riverdale GA, 30274
Dr. Hal Scherz practices Pediatric Urology in Riverdale, GA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Scherz is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Scherz performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 1981
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio 1981
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Increased incidence of hypospadias in small-for-gestational age infants in a neonatal intensive-care unit.
- Antenatal hydronephrosis with postnatal resolution: how long are postnatal studies warranted?
- Minimally invasive treatment of vesicoureteral reflux with endoscopic injection
- Urological manifestations of Down syndrome.
- The modified sting procedure to correct vesicoureteral reflux: improved results with submucosal implantation within the intramural ureter.
- Endoscopic treatment with dextranomer/hyaluronic acid for complex cases of vesicoureteral reflux.
- New contralateral vesicoureteral reflux following dextranomer/hyaluronic Acid implantation: incidence and identification of a high risk group.
- Magnetic resonance urography for evaluating outcomes after pediatric pyeloplasty.
- Magnetic resonance urography in the evaluation of prenatally diagnosed hydronephrosis and renal dysgenesis.
- Small intestinal submucosa for corporeal body grafting in severe hypospadias requiring division of the urethral plate.
- Incidence of urinary tract infections in children after successful ureteral reimplantation versus endoscopic dextranomer/hyaluronic acid implantation.
- Dynamic hydrodistention of the ureteral orifice: a novel grading system with high interobserver concordance and correlation with vesicoureteral reflux grade.
- Partial ureteral quadruplication with contralateral multicystic dysplastic kidney.
- Vesicoureteral reflux index (VURx): a novel tool to predict primary reflux improvement and resolution in children less than 2 years of age.
- Urethral profilometry in Scott artificial urinary sphincter.
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Urology
- University Ca San Diego Med Center
- UCSD-Kaiser San Diego
Dr. Hal C Scherz M.D.'s Practice location
Riverdale, GA 30274Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Hal C Scherz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scherz
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...