Dr. John Keating is an anesthesiologist practicing in Santa Barbara, CA. Dr. Keating ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Keating also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1979
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1979
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Anesthesiology Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, General Surgery
- UC Irvine Medical Center
Dr. John L Keating M.D.'s Practice location
Santa Barbara, CA 93105Get Direction
Dr. John L Keating M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- Procedure Found to Help Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have recently found that the simple procedure of inhaling hypertonic saline solution, or HSS, can increase sputum production and improve pathogen identification in children. This breakthrough will act as a benefit to many suffering from cystic fibrosis who are unable to spontaneously...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Esther O. Layton M.D.1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg FL 33707
- Dr. David C Pires D.O.8700 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90048
- Dr. Graham Reimer M.D.1 Medical Center Dr Lebanon NH 03756
- Dr. Noah Stites-hallett MD513 Parnassus Ave Box 0427 San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Brian Mack M.D.514 W Pueblo St Santa Barbara CA 93105
- Mr. Christopher D. Dale M.D.351 S. Patterson Ave. Santa Barbara CA 93111