Dr. Miosotis Riscigno is a speech language pathologist practicing in HOLLYWOOD, FL. Dr. Riscigno specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Riscigno evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Riscigno helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Miosotis Riscigno M.S., SLP's Practice location
HOLLYWOOD, FL 33021Get Direction
Miosotis Riscigno M.S., SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Mrs. Dana Carol Johnson MS CCC-SLP3596 SATIN LEAF CT CORAL SPRINGS FL 33065
- Mrs. Sandra Bosch De quesada CCC-SLP1790 W 49TH ST HIALEAH FL 33012
- Mrs. Nicole Leanne Fisher M.S. SLP6405 NW 36TH ST STE 105 VIRGINIA GARDENS FL 33166
- Mrs. Chelsea Mitchell M.S.ED/CCC-SLP2124 NE 123RD ST NORTH MIAMI FL 33181
- Mrs. Donya Braddock17034 SW 34TH ST MIRAMAR FL 33027
- Mrs. Sheryl Anne Jordan M.S.CCC-SLP200 SE 19TH AVE POMPANO BEACH FL 33060