Dr. Meril S Platzer M.D.
Neurologist | Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine, Sports Medicine6325 Topanga Canyon Blvd Suite 417 Woodland Hills CA, 91367
Dr. Meril Platzer practices Neuropathology in Woodland Hills, CA. Dr. Platzer studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1981
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1981
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Alzheimer's Disease, Autism
- Chronic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neck Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Meril S Platzer M.D.'s Practice location
Woodland Hills, CA 91367Get Direction
Dr. Meril S Platzer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Platzer
- Muscular Dystrophy: A New Understanding of How Muscles Work
A new technique out of McGill may be the key to shed new light on how muscles work. It’s an important step towards a better understanding of how muscle-targeted diseases and disorders work. With a greater understanding also comes a better handle of how to treat and possibly cure these diseases in...
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- Natural Ways in Managing Epilepsy
The standard treatment for epilepsy is anti-seizure medications. Almost everyone with epilepsy can be successfully treated with these medications. However, no matter how high the success rate is, these drugs do not work for everyone. Natural treatments such as herbs and vitamins are available...
- Does the Immune System Play a Role in Parkinson's?
About 60,000 Americans are diagnosed with Parkinson's disease every year, with ten million people around the world suffering from it (http://www.pdf.org/parkinson_statistics). And unfortunately, there is no known cure yet. On the other hand, there are treatment plans that patients can follow to...
- Town Rallies for Boy Who Suffers with Muscular Dystrophy
Christian Dunn is a 2-year-old with a rare form of congenital muscular dystrophy called Congenital LMNA muscular dystrophy. Christian’s muscular dystrophy weakens his muscles as time progresses. He is unable to sit unassisted, Christian can’t stand, and he will never walk. ...
- What Is Venlafaxine: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage, and Interactions
Generic Name: VenlafaxineBrand Name(s): Effexor, Effexor XRIntroductionVenlafaxine belongs to the class of selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), which are used for the treatment of anxiety, panic disorder, and major depressive disorder. This medication works by...
- Dr. Regina Berkovich MD8727 Beverly Blvd W Hollywood CO 90048
- Dr. Mohsen Mahmoud Hamza M.D.11600 Wilshire Blvd. West Los Angeles California 90025
- Dr. Lancelot Oliver Alexander MD16030 Ventura Blvd Encino CA 91436
- Dr. Ezekiel Fink MD416 N BEDFORD DR BEVERLY HILLS CA 90210
- Dr. Peter-Brian Andersson MD18370 Burbank Blvd Tarzana CA 91356
- Dr. Barry Ludwig MD2811 WILSHIRE BLVD SUITE 508 SANTA MONICA CA 90403