Dr. Michael Porta is a Dentist practicing in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Porta specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Dr. Michael Scott Porta D.D.S.'s Practice location
Baton Rouge, LA 70809Get Direction
Dr. Michael Scott Porta D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Dry Socket?
One of the most common complications after the removal of a tooth is dry socket. Dry socket is more common with the extraction of wisdom teeth. Although the condition causes great discomfort, it is fully treatable.In most cases, the pain and discomfort experienced following a tooth extraction is...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Tips for Bad Breath
- The 3 Biggest Threats to Your Teeth
Teeth can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for. However, different factors can influence the looks and quality of your teeth over time. Chips, fractures, and broken teethChipping and fracturing teeth occurs when one bites on something very hard, like a popcorn kernel or stale bread. This...
- Dr. Robert J. Edwards DDS5188 HIGHLAND RD BATON ROUGE LA 70808
- Carol Joseph Galliano D.D.S.2915 Sherwood Forest Boulevard Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816
- Dr. Louis L Mason DDS260 S Alexander Ave Port Allen LA 70767
- Dr. L Travis Haws DDS727 Simms St Golden CO 80401
- Dr. Steven H Brooksher DDS1010 S Acadian Thruway Baton Rouge LA 70806
- Dr. Fletcher Stamper Sutton DDS17513 Old Jefferson Hwy Prairieville LA 70769