Speech-Language Pathologist515 BRIGHTFIELD RD LUTHERVILLE MD, 21093
Dr. Dora Granato is a speech language pathologist practicing in LUTHERVILLE, MD. Dr. Granato specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Granato evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Granato helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Dora Granato's Practice location
LUTHERVILLE, MD 21093Get Direction
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Amy Bland2339 Rock Spring Road Forest Hill MD - Maryland 21050
- Ms. Patricia Lynn Banick MA., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Demetria Petros Padussis MS, CCC-SLP707 N BROADWAY BALTIMORE MD 21205
- Amanda Leigh Tinney M.S.,CCC-SLP1826 BYRD ST BALTIMORE MD 21230
- Mrs. Karen Denise Hojnacki MS., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Karen Day M.S., CCC-SLPTOWSON UNIVERSITY SPEECH LANGUAGE HEARING CTR TOWSON MD 21252