Dr. David B Tashjian M.D.
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric SurgeryPediatric Surgical Services 125 Liberty Street Springfield MA, 01103
Dr. David Tashjian practices Pediatric Surgery in Springfield, MA. Dr. Tashjian treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Tashjiandiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1996
New York Medical College 1996
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric sledding injuries.
- To drain or not to drain; still a valid question?
- Endoscopic treatment with Deflux for refluxing duplex systems.
- Less is more: management of pediatric splenic injury.
- Guns and states: pediatric firearm injury.
- Operative vs Nonoperative Management of Pediatric Blunt Pancreatic Trauma: Evaluation of the National Trauma Data Bank.
- A Subset of Patients with Blunt Pancreatic Injury Can Be Managed Nonoperatively with Acceptable Outcomes: In reply to Linnaus and Notrica.
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Baystate Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Baystate Mc
Dr. David B Tashjian M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, MA 01103Get Direction
Springfield, MA 01107Get Direction
Dr. David B Tashjian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tashjian
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Dr. Michael E Ganey M.D.Baystate Medical Ctr Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Connie Jean Rossini M.D.759 Chestnut St Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Rebecca Brocks MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Michael V Tirabassi MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Gregory T Banever MDUniversity Of Colorado School Of Medicine Denver CO 80262
- Dr. Barry F Sachs MD125 Liberty St Springfield MA 01103