Dr. Jennifer A. Hagerty DO
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE, 19803
Dr. Jennifer Hagerty practices Pediatric Urology in Wilmington, DE. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Hagerty is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Hagerty performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1999
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Fungal infections in solid organ transplant patients.
- The PIC cystogram: its place in the treatment algorithm of recurrent febrile UTIs.
- Bulbar urethral ligation for managing persistent urinary incontinence in young men with myelomeningocele.
- Defined populations of bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem and endothelial progenitor cells for bladder regeneration.
- Evaluation of the United States pediatric urology workforce and fellowships: a series of surveys performed in 2006-2010.
- Congenital urethral polyps in the pediatric population.
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Northwestern University Medical School
Dr. Jennifer A. Hagerty DO's Practice location
Wilmington, DE 19803Get Direction
Dr. Jennifer A. Hagerty DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hagerty
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- Dr. Julia S. Barthold MD1600 ROCKLAND RD WILMINGTON DE 19803
- Dr. Teodoro Ernesto Figueroa MDA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Ahmad Hesham hussein Bani hani MD1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Ahmad Abed elnoor M.D.1600 Rockland Rd Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Ricardo Gonzalez MDA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children Wilmington DE 19803