Dr. Richard Tipery Akin M.D., D.D.S.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon614 Connells Park Ln Baton Rouge LA, 70806
Dr. Richard Akin is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Akin specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Akin is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Akin are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
- La State Univ Sch Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. Richard Tipery Akin M.D., D.D.S.'s Practice location
Baton Rouge, LA 70806Get Direction
Dr. Richard Tipery Akin M.D., D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akin
- Nintendo Wii May Be Used to Help Parkinson's Patients
Nintendo Wii is a gaming platform that has many doctors, researchers, and scientists curious about. In fact, there have been a few studies that have looked into treatment for Parkinson’s disease with Nintendo Wii. Parkinson’s disease is a long-term neurological disorder that affects many later...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Dr. Scott Welch D.M.D.727 Simms St Golden CO 80401
- Baker K. Vinci D.D.S.7225 Jefferson Hwy Baton Rouge LA 70806
- Dr. Michael C Casadaban D.D.S., M.D.5227 Flanders Dr Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. Mark R Josephs DMD16260 Airline Hwy Prairieville LA 70769
- Dr. Lynn Joseph Philippe D.D.S.7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Dr. Marshall Dexter Harrison D.D.S.614 Connell Park Ln Baton Rouge LA 70806