Shilpi Ahmed M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease7501 Osler Dr 3rd Floor Towson MD, 21204
Dr. Shilpi Ahmed, MD is one of the country's best rated doctors, specializing in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. MD Ahmed currently sees patients in Baltimore, Maryland. Dr. Ahmed is a graduate ...
Education and Training
Mymensingh Med Coll, Mymensingh, Bangladesh 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Cardiovascular Diseases; Queens Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
Shilpi Ahmed M.D.'s Practice location
Towson, MD 21204Get Direction
Towson, MD 21204Get Direction
Shilpi Ahmed M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ahmed
Dr. Shilpi Ahmed is very thorough, and yet very personable, and easy to talk to. I had my first cardiac event in 2008. She has been my cardiologist for over ten years and I would recommend her to anyone.
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- The Difference Between Arteries and Veins
Through closed vessels the closed circulatory system transports blood. This includes the arteries, veins, and the capillaries. Blood vessels that start from the heart are arteries and vessels that carry blood back to the heart are veins.ArteriesArteries are located deep in the body and have thick...
- Your Risk of a Heart Attack Increases While Grieving
Mourning the death of a loved one will increase the risk of heart attack in the days immediately following the death of the loved one. The risk is elevated in the month that follows the loss, according to a new study. According to the researchers, this is the first study to see whether grieving can...
- Can Low Blood Pressure be Serious?
Blood pressure lower than 90/60 mm of Hg is referred to as low blood pressure, or hypotension. The first number is the measure of pressure in the arteries when the heart beats and fills blood in them. The second number is the pressure in the arteries when the heart is at rest between two beats. In...
- What are Phytosterols?
Experts are of the opinion that phytosterols improve the body’s ability to lower cholesterol levels. Like other cholesterol-lowering foods, including salmon and oats, phytosterols are supposed to lower the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol, LDL. Phytosterols, or plant sterols and stanol esters, are...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- Nachum M Pfeffer MD6918 RIDGE RD BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Emerson Walden, Jr.301 St. Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202
- Garima Sharma MBBS4924 Campbell Blvd. White Marsh Maryland 21236
- Susheel K Sharma M.D.1401 Madison Park Dr Glen Burnie MD 21061
- Ali Tabrizchi D.O.602 S Atwood Road Bel Air MD 21014
- Aloke Virmani Finn MD22 S GREENE ST BALTIMORE MD 21201