Dr. Christopher Tuohy is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Tuohy specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Tuohy tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 2001
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Surgery of the Hand
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Chemical denervation with botulinum neurotoxin a improves the surgical manipulation of the muscle-tendon unit: an experimental study in an animal model.
- Contributions of neural tone to in vivo passive muscle--tendon unit biomechanical properties in a rat rotator cuff animal model.
- Postural dependence of passive tension in the supraspinatus following rotator cuff repair: a simulation analysis.
- Recent advances for the management of Raynaud phenomenon using botulinum neurotoxin A.
- Evaluation of in vivo rotator cuff muscle function after acute and chronic detachment of the supraspinatus tendon: an experimental study in an animal model.
- Botulinum Neurotoxin A injections influence stretching of the gastrocnemius muscle-tendon unit in an animal model.
- Treatment of palmar hyperhidrosis with botulinum neurotoxin a.
- Age-related degenerative functional, radiographic, and histological changes of the shoulder in nonhuman primates.
- Rotator cuff injuries in professional and recreational athletes.
- Age-related changes affect rat rotator cuff muscle function.
- Advanced age diminishes tendon-to-bone healing in a rat model of rotator cuff
- Shoulder Replacement
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Frozen Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Member American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia 2006
- Hand Surgery, Vanderbilt University School o 2007
- Thomas Jefferson University 2008
- Thomas Jefferson University, Shoulder and elbow surgery, PA, USA 2008
- Vanderbilt University, Hand Surgery, TN, USA 2007
Dr. Christopher John Tuohy MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Winston Salem, NC 27157Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Christopher John Tuohy MD | Orthopaedic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Christopher John Tuohy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tuohy
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- Dr. Ken Hsu M.D.1 Shrader St San Francisco CA 94117
- Dr. Scott M Taylor MD400 29th Street Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Mathias Masem M.D.1500 Owens Street San Francisco California 94158
- Dr. John Velyvis M.D.39000 Bob Hope Drive Rancho Mirage California 92270
- Dr. Lisa L. Lattanza MD1500 Owens Street San Francisco California 94143
- Dr. Edward Diao MD450 Sutter Street San Francisco California 94108