Dr. James Fang is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Morristown, NJ. Dr. Fang specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Fang is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Fang are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Education and Training
Columbia University DDS 2000
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Brooklyn Hospital Center (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, American Dental Association, New Jersey Dental Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Working hard
James Fang, DDS's Practice location
Morristown, NJ 07960Get Direction
Morristown, NJ 07960Get Direction
Request An Appointment With James Fang, DDS | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
James Fang, DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fang
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Does Everyone Have Wisdom Teeth?
Introduction When a person reaches the ages between 17 to 21, the eruption of wisdom teeth or third molars may take place. However, for some, wisdom teeth do not show up at all. These teeth are called wisdom teeth because they tend to show up at a later and more mature age. When wisdom teeth...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- How to Prepare for Your Dental Appointment
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), people should visit a respectable dental office like Macleod trail dental every six months to maintain optimal oral health. Dental problems should never be ignored since they can become serious and contribute to other medical conditions, such as...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Is It Safe to Go to the Dentist While Pregnant?
Pregnancy is the most precious time for any woman, as well as for her partner. However, being pregnant makes the future mother worry about her health and the subsequent health of her child. Therefore, when a need arises to go to a dentist, many pregnant women are not sure what to do. However, many...
- Dr. Richard P Szumita DDS50 E Main Street Little Falls NJ 07424
- Dr. Mendel I. Markowitz D.D.S.905 Allwood Road Clifton NJ 07012
- Dr. Shahin Ghobadi D.M.D703 Main St Paterson NJ 07503
- Dr. Patrick J Pirozzi D.M.D.150 River Rd Montville NJ 07045
- Dr. Gregg Andrew Jacob D.M.D.83 HANOVER RD STE 240 FLORHAM PARK NJ 07932
- Dr. Hillel Ephros DMD, MD703 Main St Paterson NJ 07503