James Fang, DDS
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon290 Madison Avenue Ste 1A Morristown NJ, 07960
Dr. James Fang is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Morristown, NJ. Dr. Fang specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Fang is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Fang are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Education and Training
Columbia University DDS 2000
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, American Dental Association, New Jersey Dental Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Working hard
James Fang, DDS's Practice location
Morristown, NJ 07960Get Direction
Morristown, NJ 07960Get Direction
James Fang, DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fang
- On the Back of Friends: How One Man Travels the World with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone dreams of travelling the world at some point in life, and while this dream may envision backpacks, campfires, mobile speakers, inflatable mattresses and tons of supplies, very few people would dream of actually being backpacks on their thrilling adventure.Some four years ago, one of such...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Dr. Richard P Szumita DDS50 E Main Street Little Falls NJ 07424
- Dr. Mendel I. Markowitz D.D.S.905 Allwood Road Clifton NJ 07012
- Dr. Omar F. Suarez D.M.D.30 Ferry St Newark NJ 07105
- Dr. Michael Howard Kirsch D.D.S.16 Smull Ave Caldwell NJ 07006
- Dr. Shahin Ghobadi D.M.D703 Main St Paterson NJ 07503
- Dr. Patrick J Pirozzi D.M.D.150 River Rd Montville NJ 07045