Dr. Rajkumar Agarwal practices Neuropathology in Detroit, MI. Dr. Agarwal studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Seth G.S. Medical College
- Two cases of creeping disease.
- A clinical study of pulmonary tuberculosis in the aged.
- A clinical study of lung abscess.
- CHANGING CHARACTER OF FIRST HEART SOUND.
- CARDIAC IRREGULARITIES WITH NORMAL PULSE.
- ANAEMIA IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
- Local anesthesia in cataract surgery.
- Diagnostic practice for organic acidemias: barriers to early diagnosis.
- Diagnostic Values of Electrocardiogram in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Surgical anatomy of the biliary tract.
- Case 1: failure to thrive, microcephaly, and intracranial calcifications in a 6-week-old girl.
- Wandering lens and its management in a case of Marfan's syndrome.
- Observations on pulmonary functions in obesity.
- Observations on pulmonary functions in obesity.
- Liver changes in leprosy.
- Learning Disabilities
- Birth Defects
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Children's Hospital of Michigan Program
Dr. Rajkumar Agarwal, MD's Practice location
Detroit, MI 48201Get Direction
Mason, OH 05040Get Direction
DAYTON, OH 45404Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Rajkumar Agarwal, MD | Neurologist (Pediatric) | Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Rajkumar Agarwal, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Agarwal
Get to know Pediatric Neurologist Dr. Rajkumar L. Agarwal, who serves patients in Dayton, Ohio.
Dr. Agarwal is a board-certified pediatric neurologist who specializes in epilepsy. He is currently serving patients at Dayton Children’s Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. Dayton Children’s Hospital provides primary and specialty healthcare services for infants, children, and teens. In 2003, the hospital was ranked one of America’s Top 25 Children’s Hospitals. It is equipped with an advanced Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and is accredited as a level 3 epilepsy center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. “This place focuses on the state-of-the art treatment for its patients in addition to providing a family-centered approach to patient care. It has strong work ethics and the staff is extremely personable” as stated by Dr. Agarwal.
Dr. Agarwal earned his medical degree from King Edward (VII) Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College in Mumbai, India where he also completed a pediatric residency. Upon relocating to the United States, he went on to complete his internship and residency in child neurology at Children’s Hospital of Michigan in Detroit, Michigan. He also completed his fellowship in clinical neurophysiology/Epilepsy at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr. Agarwal is board-certified in clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy, and neurology with special qualification in child neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). The ABPN is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting high quality patient care for the public through the initial and continuing certification of psychiatrists and neurologists.
Dr. Agarwal has received several awards and honors throughout his line of work, including Physician Difference Maker Award, Best Teacher Award, and Sheldon Brenner Resident Research Award. Dr. Agarwal is a member of the Child Neurology Society, the American Epilepsy Society, and the American Academy of Neurology. He is also a member of the Tuberous Sclerosis (TSC) Alliance Professional Advisory Board and is the director of the Tuberous Sclerosis clinic at Dayton Children’s Hospital.
Pediatric neurology or child neurology refers to a specialized branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and management of neurological conditions in neonates (newborns), infants, children, and adolescents. The discipline of child neurology encompasses diseases and disorders of the spinal cord, brain, peripheral nervous system, autonomic nervous system, muscles, and blood vessels that affect individuals in these age groups. “Child neurology has always fascinated me. This field has been rapidly advancing, bringing to the forefront several new treatment avenues in epilepsy and other neurological conditions. It is rewarding to be able to help children with neurological conditions do better and reach their maximum potential” as stated by Dr. Agarwal.
- Do You Have Alzheimer’s?
Are you forgetting things frequently? Are you confused with the roads you have once driven a million times on? Are you worried about your forgetfulness? Or one of your loved ones?Simply forgetting a name or the reason why you just walked in to the kitchen does not mean you have Alzheimer’s....
- Understanding Parkinson’s Disease Through Falling
Parkinson’s disease is commonly known to be a progressive disorder in the nervous system which affects an individual’s movement. A well-known sign of Parkinson’s disease is a tremor usually noticeable in just one hand. Stiffness or slow movement is also caused by the disease. In the US, there...
- Nortis Inc. Receives $688K to Revolutionize Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
One Seattle-based technology recently revealed new clinical technology that could completely change the way multiple sclerosis is treated. The firm received $668,000 to develop an in-vitro blood barrier that mimics the human blood-brain barrier, an innovation that would make MS drug development more...
- Life Hacks to Make Alzheimer’s Care Easier
Being the caretaker of someone with Alzheimer’s is challenging, depressing, and sometimes exasperating. As a caregiver, you wear many hats. You are a nurse with skills to fix bumps and bruises, a housekeeper to clean up messes, and a doctor with knowledge about medical conditions. In addition, you...
- Does Ketogenic Diet Help to Manage Epilepsy?
It has been noted in many people that symptoms of epilepsy reduce with fasting. Ketogenic diet is helpful in maintaining the metabolism, including fasting. With ketogenic diets, the body produces a good amount of ketones, which is why it is in the name Ketogenic, meaning generating ketones. Ketones...
- How Service Dogs Assist Dementia Patients
Throughout history, dogs have provided a wonderful service to those around the globe. In the most recent of years, service dogs have been found to assist in modern and healthy ways. These dogs are able to lend a way of support to those who are facing issues with dementia and other related illnesses....
- Dr. Ashraf E. Mohamed M.D.4160 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201
- Dr. Jayaprakash Gosalakkal MD7633 E JEFFERSON AVE DETROIT MI 48214
- Dr. Tessy Chinyere Jenkins M.D.27200 LAHSER RD SOUTHFIELD MI 48034
- Dr. Hisanori Hasegawa MD468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe MI 48230
- M. Eileen McCormick28595 Orchard Lake Road Farmington Hills Michigan 48334
- Dr. Elizabeth Ann Leleszi M.D.3535 W 13 MILE RD ROYAL OAK MI 48073