Dr. Henry Balfour is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Balfour specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Babies Hosp/Colum Presby Me 1967
Dr. Henry Balfour M.D.'s Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Direction
Dr. Henry Balfour M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- Is the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
What are some considerations with regard to vaccination?Never hide anything from your GP while he is deciding about the shots for your baby as your carelessness might have grave after-effects (side effects) for your baby. If your baby has diarrhea or is recovering from the flu, it would not be the...
- Lyme Disease in Children
Lyme disease can affect anyone, regardless of age or gender. However, those who spend a lot of time outdoors are at a higher risk for Lyme disease because they are exposed to ticks more than others. According to research, children are more commonly affected by Lyme disease because they spend more...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Dr. Ralph J Faville MD200 University Ave E Saint Paul MN 55101
- Dr. Cynthia Ruth Howard M.D.516 Delaware Street Se, Pwb Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Michelle L Hulse MD347 Smith Ave N Saint Paul MN 55102
- Dr. Kiran K Belani MBBS MD2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. Beth Kristine Thielen M.D., PH.D.420 DELAWARE ST SE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55455
- Dr. Laura G Hoyt MD347 North Smith Ave Saint Paul MN 55102