Dr. Sandy Andrews PH.D.
Psychologist | Clinical1823 Fortview Rd. Austin TX, 78704
Dr. Sandy Andrews is a psychologist practicing in Austin, TX. Dr. Andrews specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Andrews evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Andrews because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Texas A&M University Clinical Psychology 1992
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Dr. Sandy Andrews PH.D.'s Practice location
Austin, TX 78704Get Direction
Dr. Sandy Andrews PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- Fitness Center for Kids with Autism Breaks Ground
Easterseals boasts to prove to be one of the best gyms in the nation, and it has just begun a fundraising campaign. Not only will it allegedly be a needed resource for the people in the neighborhood, but it will also cater to students with autism spectrum disorder.History of EastersealsOriginally,...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Behavioral Therapy to Improve Children’s Sleep Apnea
Everyone loves a good night's sleep. Getting lots of rest during the night and waking up in the morning feeling refreshed and energized is a feeling that few things can surpass. However, more than an activity you simply partake in, getting a good night’s rest, according to Kim Cahill, RN, MSN,...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.12600 Hill Country Blvd Bee Cave TX 78738
- Elizabeth Handy14425 Falcon Head Blvd, Building E, Suite 216 Austin TX 78738
- Dr. Brian Louis Vasquez PH.D.801 RR 620 SOUTH LAKEWAY TX 78734
- Natalie Scanlon7700 Cat Hollow Drive Ste 206 Round Rock TX 78681
- Dr. William Anson Dailey PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Nancy L Nussbaum PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705