Dr. Gwen Thompson practices Pulmonology in Rochester, MN. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Thompson manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences 2012
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Gwen Elizabeth Thompson MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
FARGO, ND 58103Get Direction
Gwen Elizabeth Thompson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Gene Therapy to Treat Cystic Fibrosis Could Be Available by 2020
Worldwide, more than 30,000 individuals are living with cystic fibrosis (CF) and each year, around 1,000 new cases of CF are detected. Cystic fibrosis is a severe genetic condition brought about by a faulty gene known as CFTR (cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator). The gene makes a...
- Diagnosing Pneumonia
Pneumonia is a serious lung infection that can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. It is a common disease, especially among the elderly and bed-ridden patients. Although it is quite serious, it can be easily treated....
- What Can Cause Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)?
Shortness of breath is defined as the feeling of inability to breathe normally, hence producing a troublesome sensation. Such breathlessness is a distinct issue in every affected individual. Typically, if in an event of modest labor or any unexpected situation leads to a shortness of breath, it is...
- Causes and Treatments of Croup (Barking Cough)
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup. It is a medical condition that tends to irritate a child's upper airways. It can also be used to describe the inflammation of the larynx and trachea in children. There are a variety of reasons or inflammatory conditions, which...
- Stem Cell Therapy Can Reduce Inflammation in Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis can cause numerous lung infections that will lead to lung damage and a weaker respiratory system. Scientists have therefore taken to researching different rehabilitation methods on repairing lung damage. There have been a number of recent breakthroughs in lung rehabilitation, but one...
- Causes and Treatment for Dry Cough
IntroductionA dry cough is a type of cough that does not accompany the production of mucus or phlegm. Most cases of dry cough are caused by certain allergic reactions from allergens, such as pollutants, dust, or toxins. The body usually tries to expel these irritants by coughing it out. In some...
- Dr. Ognjen Gajic M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Ulrich Specks M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Peter C Gay M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Misbah Baqir MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Kannan Ramar MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Udaya B Prakash M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905