Dr. Bruce Kappel is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Woodbury, NY. Dr. Kappel specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Emory University School Of Medicine 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Crohn's Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Emory Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Emory University Affil Hosps 1983
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Program
Dr. Bruce Kappel, M.D.'s Practice location
Woodbury, NY 11797Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Bruce Kappel, M.D. | Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Bruce Kappel, M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kappel
- Dreams Do Come True: 9-year-old Baseball Fanatic Signed Onto Team
Like most young baseball fans, John “Parker” Staples' room is covered in memorabilia from his favorite team, the Washington Nationals, but unlike most kids, Parker's room is at the University of Virginia Children's Hospital.John “Parker” Staples, is nine-year old who was diagnosed with...
- Facts About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is a certain form of cancer of the plasma cell, which is part of the immune system. It initiates in the bone marrow, where the blood cells are produced.The immune system is made of variety of cells that fight infections and keep the body healthy. What takes place in bone marrow...
- AstraZeneca Gains United States Approval for Lymphoma Drug
Some forms of lymphoma are rarer than others. Most people can recognize Hodgkin lymphoma, but mantle cell lymphoma will strike them as a surprise.Because it is so rare, there are not as many drugs specific to this form of cancer. One has recently been approved in the United States, by the Food and...
- Touchdown For Lymphoma: Two Teams Put Rivalry Aside For a Cause
Everyone knows that some rivalries can get pretty heated - especially when sports are involved. However, two football teams recognize that there is something more important - supporting a girl with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Although she was a cheerleader for the football team, they are now turning the...
- Multiple Myeloma: What is Autotransplantation?
During a stem cell transplantation or autotransplantation, the patient receives high chemotherapy dosage which is sometimes done to the entire body to get rid of the cells that are in the bone marrow (including the myeloma cells). Afterwards, the patient receives new stem cells to form...
- Life Lessons After Multiple Misdiagnoses of Lymphoma
28-year-old Jessica DeCristofaro had been coughing persistently and she was told by her doctor that it was a result of allergies. She even took medication for her supposed allergies over the course of two years. When the medication failed to improve her persistent cough, another doctor diagnosed her...
- Dr. Joseph H Pipala MD40 CROSSWAYS PARK DR WOODBURY NY 11797
- Dr. Lori ann Attivissimo M.D., F.A.C.P.99 Sunnyside Blvd Woodbury NY 11797
- Dr. Irina Murakhovskaya M.D.40 Crossways Park Drive Woodbury NY 11797
- Dr. Nancy Nan szu Sun MD40 Crossways Park Drive Woodbury NY 11797
- Dr. Wallace Peter Chan M.D.40 Crossways Park Dr Woodbury NY 11797
- Dr. Hon cheung Chan MD40 CROSSWAYS PARK DR WOODBURY NY 11797