Dr. Zelmira Curillova-chavko is a cardiologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Curillova-chavko specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Curillova-chavko also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Universita Komenskeho Bratislava MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Seton Hall U Sch Grad Med Ed, Cardiovascular Diseases; St Joseph'S Hosp & M C, Internal Medicine
Zelmira Curillova-chavko MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
West Roxbury, MA 02132Get Direction
BANGOR, ME 04401Get Direction
Zelmira Curillova-chavko MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Methods to Lower Cholesterol Levels?
Worried about your cholesterol and triglyceride levels? Planning to take another blood test to check on your cholesterol levels? Did you get a warning from your physician regarding elevated levels of triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoproteins, the ‘bad’ cholesterol) cholesterol in your...
- What Is a Stent?
A stent is an expandable metal tube that is used to treat weak arteries. These stents help in opening up arteries that are narrowed down by the accumulation of plaques. Implantation of the tube helps in reducing the constriction of blood flow in the affected region. The metal mesh is implanted...
- Natural Trans Fats May Not Negatively Affect Your Heart
Trans fats can be classified as natural and man-made. Natural trans fats are found in beef, pork, lamb, and dairy products. Man-made trans fats are used to increase the shelf life of many products, and these fats are found to increase the risk of heart disease and clogging the arteries. According to...
- What to Know Before Taking Triamterene-Hydrochlorothiazide
What is triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide?Triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill or diuretic used for the treatment of edema (fluid retention) and high blood pressure. This medication is usually prescribed to patients who have low amounts of potassium in the body or individuals who are at an...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- Avni Thakore M.D.1991 Marcus Avenue Lake Success New York 11042
- Dr. Marvin H. Kendrick131 Old Road To 9 Acre Cor Concord MA 1742
- Philip Podrid MD88 East Newton Street Boston Massachusetts 02118
- Bernardo Nadal-Ginard334 Hammond Street Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 2467
- Ricardo C. Cury MD8900 N. Kendall Drive Miami Florida 33176
- Afshin Ehsan M.D.2 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905