Dr. Matthew G Pesacreta M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1050 Bower Hill Rd Suite 204 Pittsburgh PA, 15243
Dr. Matthew Pesacreta is a nephrologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Pesacreta specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Pesacreta most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, Nephrology; Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, Internal Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
Dr. Matthew G Pesacreta M.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15243Get Direction
BRIDGEVILLE, PA 15017Get Direction
Dr. Matthew G Pesacreta M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pesacreta
- How Is Glomerulonephritis Diagnosed?
GlomerulonephritisGlomerulonephritis is the inflammation of kidney filters called glomeruli. These filters are made up of tiny blood vessels that help remove excess fluids, waste from the bloodstream, and electrolytes. This condition can happen on its own or may occur as part of chronic diseases,...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- What Will a Doctor Ask if you Have Blood in Your Urine?
In the normal course, blood has no reason to appear in the urine, but if that happens, one should not hesitate to seek specialist medical opinion. Blood may appear in urine owing to simple infections in the urinary and genital systems, or it could be a result of some serious ailment that is...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Dr. Bhavna Chopra MD320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Maria Diana Vornicu M.D.4815 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Dr. Christopher A. Gisler MD1401 FORBES AVE STE 350 PITTSBURGH PA 15219
- Dr. James E Mccann D.O.1597 WASHINGTON PIKE BRIDGEVILLE PA 15017
- Dr. Rozlyn Berty MD320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Jose Bernardo M.D.A915 Scaife Hl Pittsburgh PA 15261