Dr. Ujjwal Datta is a podiatrist practicing in Old Bridge, NJ. Dr. Datta is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Datta diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
Hunter College of the CUNY BA 1996
NY College of Podiatric Medici DPM 2000
Dr. Ujjwal K. Datta, DPM, FACFAS's Expert Contributions
- The prevalence of the arcuate artery: a cadaveric study of 72 feet.
- Effect of heat stress on gastro-intestinal motility in young albino rats.
- Junctures to the therapeutic goal of diabetes mellitus: Experience in a tertiary care hospital of Kolkata.
- Microbiology of Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media in a Tertiary Care Hospital in Bangladesh.
- Hepatic functions of albino rats during lactation.
- Role of hyperphagia in structural changes of small intestine during lactation.
- A study of the distribution of ABO and Rh(D) blood groups amongst Lodha tribe in Midnapore district of West Bengal.
- Role of nitric oxide in health and disease.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Attending Raritan bay Medical Center 19 - Present
- Faculty Jewish renaissance Medical Center 3 - Present
- New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association, Inc
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center (2003)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Podiatric Medical Association, New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society
- Volunteer work at Ground Zero during the unfortunate tragedy of September 11, 2001Provides free foot screenings and lectures on foot health at a local temple in his community where he also serves on the medical panel.
Teaching and speaking
- Grand Round lecture at the Internal Medicine program at Raritan Bay Medical CenterCommunity medical lectures hosted by Raritan Bay Medical Center
Dr. Ujjwal K. Datta, DPM, FACFAS's Practice location
Old Bridge, NJ 08857Get Direction
PERTH AMBOY, New Jersey 08861Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ujjwal K. Datta, DPM, FACFAS | Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) | Foot Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ujjwal K. Datta, DPM, FACFAS's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Podiatrist Dr. Ujjwal K. Datta, who serves patients in Bound Brook and Perth Amboy, New Jersey.
Dr. Datta is a board-certified podiatrist who is currently serving patients at Garden State Podiatry, LLC with office locations in Bound Brook and Perth Amboy, New Jersey. He has been practicing podiatry for more than 15 years, providing unsurpassed quality foot care to patients of all ages, from infants to seniors, and for all types of conditions. His goal is to treat all patients gently and with compassion so that they get back to their normal lifestyle as soon as possible.
Alongside his clinical role, Dr. Datta also serves as an attending at Raritan Bay Medical Center, and he has recently joined Jewish Renaissance Medical Center in Perth Amboy as their staff podiatrist. He is very active in the Medical Grand Rounds Lecture Circuit at Raritan Bay Medical Center and has lectured on several occasions on topics such as diabetic neuropathy, diabetes and peripheral arterial disease, diabetic foot, diabetic foot ulcers, and many other important topics.
Pertaining to his educational background, Dr. Datta graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Hunter College in New York City, New York in 1996. Thereafter, he enrolled at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine, where he earned his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree in 2000. He then went on to complete his residency at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in 2003, which included his podiatric surgical training.
During his undergraduate education at Hunter College, he authored and co-authored several published scientific journals, which continued during his years at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. He also served as a lecturer and as an Associate Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences at Hunter College for several years, lecturing in anatomy and physiology.
In order to keep himself up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding advances in his field of medicine, Dr. Datta routinely attends podiatric medical conferences each year as part of continuing medical education. He has had his articles published in local newspapers and has been interviewed by radio stations multiple times. He has also been recognized by the New York State Podiatric Medical Association for his volunteer work at Ground Zero during the unfortunate tragedy of September 11, 2001.
A Fellow in the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Dr. Datta is board-certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery, whose purpose is to protect and improve the health and welfare of the public by the advancement of the art and science of podiatric surgery. Moreover, he is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association and the New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society.
Podiatry is a branch of medicine devoted to the study, diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of a variety of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity. A podiatrist, also known as a podiatric physician or a foot and ankle surgeon, is a medical professional devoted to the treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity. They can treat injuries and complications from ongoing health issues like diabetes.
Passionate about giving back to his community, Dr. Datta provides free foot screenings and lectures on foot health at Raritan Bay Medical Center and at his local temple, where he also serves on the medical panel.
- All About Plantar Warts
How do plantar warts form?Verruca Plantaris is the technical name for plantar warts. What are they? Warts are small benign (non-cancerous) growths on the skin. They typically occur when the skin is infected by a virus. In this case, plantar warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). This...
- What Are Bunions?
A bunion is a small bony projection found at the joint of the toe on the foot. These are formed when the toe pushes against the other toes. This causes the joint to have an abnormal profile, which enlarges over a period of time. The big joint crowds the other toes of the foot resulting in pain. As...
- Plantar Fasciitis Exercises and Remedies
The plantar fascia is a particular part of your foot that takes up most of the pressure of your weight, which is why it is often strained. Moreover, if you have been sitting down in a chair or the sofa for too long and get up suddenly, it can cause the plantar fascia to suddenly flare up. The...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- Dr. Jay Mermelstein DPM375 Route 130 East Windsor NJ 08520
- Dr. Sanjay P. Gandhi D.P.M.215 Gordons Corner Rd Englishtown NJ 07726
- Dr. Allison Cheney DPM1806 NJ-35 S Oakhurst NJ 07755
- Dr. Dennis L. Turner DPM674 St George Ave Rahway New Jersey 07065
- Dr. Shellie Auguste DPM240 Williamson St Elizabeth NJ 07202
- Dr. Elliott Perel D.P.M., F.A.C.F.A.S241 Forsgate dr, Jamesburg NJ 08831