Dr. Robert Michael Lazar MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology48 Route 25a Suite 107 Smithtown NY, 11787
Dr. Robert Lazar is a gastroenterologist practicing in Smithtown, NY. Dr. Lazar specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Lazar performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth S C-Bklyn, Internal Medicine; U Hosp-Suny Hlth S C-Bklyn, Anesthesiology
Dr. Robert Michael Lazar MD's Practice location
Dr. Robert Michael Lazar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lazar
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Applauds New York State Restroom Access Legislation
People with Crohn’s and colitis understand the pain of being stuck in public with no restrooms available. The need to visit the restroom can be great, but nothing is publicly available, and upon asking an employee: “Sorry, there are no public restrooms in this building.”Perhaps because of...
- Minneapolis Reporter Inspired to Help Children with Crohn's Disease
TV reporter Sonya Goins was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in college and has had more surgeries than she can count. She lives with the pain of her autoimmune disorder every single day and yet is known to others as having a tireless mixture of gratitude and grit.Goins and Mark Baker worked together...
- Communion Bread Must Contain Wheat, Says Pope
At least three million Americans are affected by Celiac Disease. Most of the time the disease is hereditary; people with immediate relatives have a higher chance of developing it. According to the University of Chicago Medicine, 60% of children and 41% of adults who were diagnosed with celiac...
- Why Men Need a Colonoscopy
The Colon is the last organ of the digestive system. It can also be referred to as the large intestine, and it runs from the small intestine to the back passage. A colonoscopy is a procedure used to inspect the colon. The colon is a cancer prone area, and a colonoscopy is used to detect ulcers,...
- Dealing with Ulcerative Colitis Flare-Ups
Ulcerative colitis can really send patients on a life-changing roller coaster ride. And not the good kind of roller coaster.UC can be unpredictable and cause people to experience a range of inconsistent symptoms such as diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, bloating, urgency, and more. Not only...
- New Crohn's and Colitis Treatment May Combine Antifungals and Probiotics
A recent review, published in the Digestive and Liver Disease journal, proposes that new types of IBD treatment can come from combining antifungals with probiotics. Probiotics are live microorganisms that are believed to offer health-related benefits when consumed and bacteria can contain probiotic...
- Dr. Santa Nandi MD400 S Oyster Bay Rd Hicksville NY 11801
- Dr. Paul Bermanski MD195 East Main Street Huntington New York 11743
- Dr. Michael C. Barth MD1488 Wantagh Avenue Wantagh New York 11793
- Dr. Julie E. Spivack MD425 POST RD FAIRFIELD CT 06824
- Dr. Scott Ingber M.D.775 Park Ave Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Rakhee Mangla M.D.24 Stevens St Norwalk CT 06850