Dr. Michael Terrance Havig M.D.
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine1350 Tamiami Trl N Suite 202 Naples FL, 34102
Dr. Michael Havig is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Naples, FL. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Havig is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Princeton University Bachelor of Arts, Biology 1987
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Doctor of Medicine 1992
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine- 2000
- Torn Meniscus
- Frozen Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Tennis Elbow
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Associate Member American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member Florida Medical Association
- Member Collier County Medical Society
- EMORY HEALTHCARE Orthopedic Surgery 1997
- The Orthopedic Spec Hospital Sports Medicine 1998
Experience & Accolades
- Doctor1999 - 2006Florida Orthopedics & Sports MedicineOrthopedic Staff
- Doctor2006 - 2014Michael T. Havig, M.D PLOrthopedic Staff
- Doctor2015 - 2019ORTHOCOLLIER - A division of Neuroscience & Spine Associates
Dr. Michael Terrance Havig M.D.'s Practice location
Naples, FL 34102Get Direction
NAPLES, FL 34108Get Direction
Naples, FL 34108Get Direction
Dr. Michael Terrance Havig M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Havig
- What Are Shin Splints: Get the Facts
A shin splint is the pain felt in the inner aspect of your shin bone. The shin bone is located between your knee and the ankle; therefore, the pain concentrates in this area. This condition is also known as the medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS).Shin splints frequently affect people who engage...
- What Are the Symptoms of Sepsis?
What is sepsis?Sepsis is a severe and an extreme immune response to an infection and is considered as an emergency medical condition. Widespread inflammation occurs due to the chemicals that are released into the blood to counter an infection.Inflammation can damage the body's vital organs. The...
- Alternative Treatments for Sepsis
Sepsis is caused by a bacterial infection that can begin anywhere in our body. Our immune system goes into overdrive, creating turmoil in the normal processes of our blood circulation. As a result, very small blood clots form, blocking the blood flow to vital organs. This can lead to organ failure,...
- How to Have a Good Workout in 30 Minutes
How to Have a Good Workout in 30 MinutesIt is quite natural to feel frustrated when you don’t start to see results after months of slogging in the gym. One may gradually lose interest in working out and gym sessions. Then, there are others who feel too time strapped to work out at all. For both of...
- Abdominal Pain: Is It Appendicitis?
The abdomen is the part of your body below your chest and above the pelvic region, and any pain in this area is referred to as abdominal pain. Almost everybody would have experienced pain in the abdomen one time or another. Most causes are harmless and can be diagnosed and treated easily. However,...
- What Exercises Prevent Shin Splints?
Shin splints hurt, and if you do not take them seriously, it starts to hurt so much that you have to stop your sport or whatever physical activity you are doing. You will experience pain along the inner aspect of the shin bone, which is initially mild and only present at the end of your exercise or...
- Dr. Brian Thomas Kindl M.D.1250 Pine Ridge Rd Naples FL 34108
- Dr. Brian Robert Wallace D.O.1250 PINE RIDGE RD NAPLES FL 34108
- Dr. Daniel Todd Richards D.O.77 Heritage Way Naples FL 34110
- Dr. Frederick Charles Balduini M.D.3501 Health Center Blvd Bonita Springs FL 34135
- Dr. Leon Paul Mead M.D.730 Goodlette Rd N Naples FL 34102
- Dr. Brett Allen Wilhoit M.D.1706 MEDICAL BLVD NAPLES FL 34110