Dr. Erwin Ovitsky is an optometrist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Ovitsky specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Ovitsky performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Erwin William Ovitsky O.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60659Get Direction
Erwin William Ovitsky O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Cataracts
A cataract is blurring of the lens of the eye. The lens is oval-shaped and mostly consists of water and protein. It is located at the back of the iris and pupil. The lens protein molecules are organized in a way that makes it clear so that light can pass through it to the retina. The focus of the...
- How to Prevent Cataracts
When aging and physical injury affect the tissues that consist of your eye’s lens, cataracts develops.Some genetic disorders lead to different health challenges and enhance the risk of suffering cataracts. Other medical and eye conditions that can also cause cataracts are trauma, diabetes past eye...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- Randall R Ricketts O.D.1953 N Clybourn Ave Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Joanna E Slusky O.D.2852 N Halsted St Chicago IL 60657
- Mrs. Monika Spokas OD1706 E Roosevelt Rd Wheaton IL 60187
- Dr. Ketan K Sheladia O.D.5109 S Pulaski Rd. Chicago IL 60632
- Dr. Joseph A Franceschini O.D.120 Oakbrook Ctr Oak Brook IL 60523
- Dr. Veronica Hene D.O.581 E ROOSEVELT RD LOMBARD IL 60148