Dr. Mitchell D Terk MD
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology5742 Booth Rd Jacksonville FL, 32207
Dr. Mitchell Terk practices Radiation Oncology in Jacksonville, FL. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Terk specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Mt Sinai Sch of Med of The City Univ of Ny, New York Ny 1993
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Dr. Mitchell D Terk MD's Practice location
Jacksonville, FL 32207Get Direction
Jacksonville, FL 32204Get Direction
Dr. Mitchell D Terk MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Terk
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- How Is Bladder Cancer Diagnosed?
In case you have symptoms of bladder cancer such as the presence of blood in the urine, you should see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will use many tests to possibly diagnose a bladder cancer and will also find out how far it has spread. Sometimes, bladder cancer may have spread to other parts...
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the major treatments for any type of cancer. It is a procedure that uses high energy particles such as gamma rays, protons, electrons, x-rays, and electron beams to destroy cancer cells. Other names for radiation therapy include x-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- Three-Week Chemotherapy Dosing Reconfirmed as First-Line Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Chemotherapy as a treatment option for cancer has existed for decades, and has long been the standard of care and first line of treatment for almost all forms of cancer. The term is an umbrella term referring to the use of medicines to halt the growth of cancerous tumors and to kill off cancerous...
- Dr. Ronny Leone Rotondo MDCM2015 North Jefferson Street Jacksonville Florida 32206
- Dr. Robert Savary Malyapa M.D.2015 Jefferson St Jacksonville FL 32206
- Dr. Scot N Ackerman M.D.10881 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville FL 32223
- Dr. Nancy P. Mendenhall MD2015 Jefferson St Jacksonville FL 32206
- Dr. Steven John Buskirk MD4500 San Pablo Rd S Jacksonville FL 32224
- Dr. Ryan S Perkins M.D.10881 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville FL 32223