Dr. Athanasios G. Papastamelos DO
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease2106 New Road Linwood Linwood NJ, 08221
Dr. Athanasios Papastamelos is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Linwood, NJ. Dr. Papastamelos specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Umdnj-Sch Of Osteo Med- Stratford Nj 1988
- Med Coll Of Pa & Hosp, Infectious Diseases; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Infectious Diseases; Med Coll Of Pa & Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Program
Dr. Athanasios G. Papastamelos DO's Practice location
Linwood, NJ 08221Get Direction
Dr. Athanasios G. Papastamelos DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Papastamelos
- I had COVID-19, now what?
In a previous article I have written, I have explained certain measures to take when you get positive COVID-19 results. I understand that getting the news of a COVID-19 diagnosis can cause feelings of sadness. Upon talking with patients, I have heard about their sentiments. How they worry, how...
- Should I Change My Diet If I Have Lyme Disease?
Although Lyme disease is not caused by a poor diet, a change in your diet will be necessary if you get infected. The disease is actually caused by a tick bite. Living with this disease will require you to eliminate some foods from your diet, and focus more on including other types of foods.The...
- How Do You Contract Mononucleosis?
The Epstein-Barr virus is one of the eight known viruses of the herpes family. This disease is very contagious, and it can also result from other diseases. This disease affects young adults and teenagers. Those who contract this disease develop the signs and symptoms after being infected for a...
- What Are Cold Sores?
Cold sores are small, painful blisters that form on the lips or skin around the nose, mouth, or chin. Also called as herpes labialis and fever blisters, cold sores are caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. It usually begins in childhood or young adulthood and continues to persist...
- What Causes Cholera?
Cholera is an acute diarrheal disease that causes thousands of deaths each year and inflicts tremendous pain in areas where it has been reported. This infection is a great menace that has been disturbing humankind. However, it does not mean that cholera is everywhere or that it cannot be treated...
- Can Zika Virus Cause Complications?
We live in a world where there are infection-causing viruses and germs prevalent in large numbers. As medical science progresses and attempts to find cures and remedies for these viruses, the viruses change form, grow stronger and strike back causing other forms of illnesses. While there are...
- Dr. Deborah D Bayer DO1401 ATLANTIC AVE ATLANTIC CITY NJ 08401
- Dr. Manish Niranjan Trivedi M.D.208 West Whitehorse Pike Pomona NJ 08240
- Dr. Amrita Kaur D.O.415 CHRIS GAUPP DRIVE, SUITE C GALLOWAY NJ 08205
- Dr. Ricardo A. Barzaga M.D.1401 Atlantic Ave Atlantic City NJ 08401
- Mr. Homayoun Homayouni MD334 W Oakcrest Ave Northfield NJ 08225
- Christopher Lucasti DO FACOI730 Shore Rd Somers Point NJ 08244